Posts by sweetteacher

Does anyone know who created Lady Edith's wedding cake?  And does anyone have a link for close-ups?  I'd love to get a better view of the lovely piping,
Just got off the phone with Rep Rousselot.( This is pronounced Ru-sa-lo) His bill was read before committee last week. He says there were lots of questions. The state health department has told him that the $75 dollar license fee would not cover the cost of inspection. I reminded him that I had sent him the links to the Texas bill which does not require inspection. He said he had talked with some farmer's market people who didn't like the income restriction. We...
Oklahoma State Representative Wade Rousselot has introduced a home baker's bill. Go here to read: http://www.oklegislature.gov/BillInfo.aspx?Bill=HB2403&Tab=0 Click on "HB 2403" located under the green to read it. This proposal is similar to Eric Proctor's bill that failed a couple of years ago. I talked with Rep Rousselot a few months ago and emailed copies of Texas' signed bill. While I'm very happy that he listened and acted, this is not the legislation I wanted. ...
I've had a Kopykake Airmaster for several years and am very happy with it.
Global Sugar Art sells the PME mold set.
Today I talked face to face with my representative in the state legislature, Wade Rousselot,about a cottage food bill. I talked with him about my discussion with the county health department about how I could remodel my detached garage to meet current requirements but that I could not sell enough cakes in my small town to pay for that. He seemed genuinely interested. Of course, I named as many states as I could remember that already have such a bill. This evening I sent...
Carla, aren't you planning to attend the sugar show in Tulsa?
Honestly, unless you are having problems with some of the basics like shells, I wouldn't re-take the first course. But if you do, don't worry about the cupcake nail because most of my students prefer to not use it. Course 2 has always been my favorite but I really like working with royal icing; I think it is the most challenging and many students would benefit from taking it a second time-mostly because they don't have enough time to sufficiently practice the piping.
Yes, you'll need to attach with a little royal icing.
Bass fishing is a popular sport where I live so I have done several of these but it has been awhile since I no longer make cakes to sell except for just a few people. The fish itself is easy to cut out of a sheet cake. I used a crusting buttercream to ice with the fins modeled out of gumpaste. The fin between the head and the body doesn't lat flat so you may want to use a couple of toothpicks for inserting it into the cake. Now, I myself have never been up close to a...