Posts by ButtercupMama

Yeah, it's a great cake; it's a shame about the cancellation. Considering what's going on, I might pop that thing in the freezer. You never know. And if you don't hear from them in a week, maybe call MOB and get her approval to donate it at that time, after everyone's had a chance to calm down. I think that's what I'd do. Good luck with the situation!
This is a really cool idea, and so well done. I also really stress about meeting with brides. You just never know who is going to walk thru that door, and some people really annoy the crap out of me. Wow, that was blunt. But true I guess! My prices are quite low, especially in comparison to my local competitors. But I feel like many of my brides and grooms are still hesitant to spend that much on a cake. This has my wheels turning; I could really stand to pump out...
Yeah, I dig it too. It's quick and catchy!!
Hmmm, I never thought about zoning issues! But I am in a retail space, and so I doubt there will be a restriction. I will surely check first to be on the safe side!As for losing customers, I don't think it would be an issue for me, personally, although I absolutely see your point! Once people actually make and decorate a cake or two, they realize the time and money (ingredients, supplies, tools) involved. Not to mention that most folks are not talented right off the...
I keep getting inquiries about cake decorating classes at my shop. I have not really taught before, but am starting to wonder if it might be a good idea. I mean, I have trained employees and stuff, but not taught "a class" of any type. I am not sure where to begin; how much to fit in a class, should it be a demo only or hands on type? What to charge for such a thing? And really, would I offer some sort of certificate upon completion, or how the heck does that work? ...
Hi guys,I know this isn't a recipe, but wondering if anyone uses a gluten-free brownie mix that they can recommend?There are several brands in our local health/natural food stores, and I use "Namaste" brand for my gluten-free cake mix. But I haven't tried any brownies. I need to bring them to a funeral reception for a family with wheat issues. I'd like it to be good, and don't have the luxury of time to experiment!Thanks so much!!
I actually didn't take the order, and was out on a delivery when the family came to pick it up. I was warned by my employee who helped them that they were all fretting about the cake looking really small. Most of it was rapid Spanish, but I guess she got the jist of it! The family then called someone at home and relayed that the cake looked way too small to serve 50. They handed the phone to my employee, and said, "she wants to talk to you". So she took the phone, and...
Okay, I'm waiting for this lady to call and rip me a new one....So let me first ask you all, how many servings is in a party cake that is a 12" square, (2-layer, so about 3" tall)??Thank you, thank you!
I use a real barbie, and I use the wondermold pan with one layer of 8" round cake underneath to get some extra height cuz of barbie's height.I'll do this in BC for $50. Extras (crowns, wings, cake underneath for more servings) cost extra!OH! And I lost my heating core tube thingy!!! Does anyone know how to get a replacement????
Okay, we used to use Pillsbury mixes, but the trouble I go thru to get them in bulk is completely absurd. Sooo, we are trying out some commercial mixes from our local food supplier. So we have a few base mixes we're experimenting with, and they're tasting great. EXCEPT, those made with the new white base mix are falling apart when we handle them to build the cakes. Half-sheet sized and up, I should say. The Pillsbury had more, uh, give?? They were spongier and less...