Posts by ButtercupMama

At my shop, we just do logo t-shirts, but we are getting really grungy, and need to place an order for more. However, I think it is time to "up our game". We're considering colored chef's coats, but then we'd have to get pants too. Also, they look so heavy and cumbersome. But I think the perceived value by our clients would go up, and we certainly need to raise prices. I'll note here, and no offense to those who do polo shirts, I despise polo shirts. Not sure why,...
Thanks guys!!!!
HI guys, I really suck at using the "search" button. My search resulted in everything but the template.Anywho, one of my girls took an order for a cake with these booties, and I've never made them, nor do I have cutters, templates or instructions. Even looked all over the internet, and cannot print what I've found. I need to get to work, can anyone help me with a link?Thank you!!
Also to keep in mind: the uniqueness of the name... When someone googles it to find you, they're gonna find all these other folks popping up. Don't get lost in a sea of same-namers! Perhaps you could change it up?Or maybe you're not counting on a lot of online traffic. If not, and you love it, take it! Good luck! (Love to hear the name, but I understand if you want to stay under the ol' radar!)
I've done a bit of research on this myself, as I am prepping to sell my shop. If you google little phrases like "cake shop for sale" or bakery for sale", things will pop up. I've found a few listings for shops all around the country; some are selling by owner, and some are listed by brokerage companies on several different sites. In addition, I've found that some brokerages share info with each other, as far as listings and prospective buyers, and some do not. As it...
I've learned that you have to accept that you cannot control how other people behave; you can only control your own actions/reactions.So if she decides to make a federal case out of this then she will. Give her one quick last chance, and if she refuses the cake, then so be it, you're all done. Remember to keep your head and act with fairness and grace in all situations. Over the years, your reputation will speak for itself with your husband's family. Then, when she...
Okay Peeps, I am going to type for you a word for word replica of the paper sent to me from Wilton after I placed my first commercial order thru them 2 years ago. This has been super helpful in explaining to people WHY we can't draw characters. (when I put things in all caps, it's because it was bolded in the original letter.)LICENSING GUIDELINES ON PRODUCT USEAll licensed character shaped pans, candy molds and cookie cutters are for CONSUMER HOME USE ONLY. Stores/shops...
I sketch cakes all the time, and am trying to get my employees to do the same, although they are reluctant. For wedding cake purposes, I want the B&G to get a preview of what we're working on. Just this year, I started bringing colored pencils to the meeting. Once I get it sketched out in pencil, I'll fill in their colors. This serves two puposes; 1)They see it and LOVE it even more2)I know at a glance what it is supposed to look like, so no major mistakes (Oh crap,...
My message is kinda long, cuz it answers the common questions, like where we're located, business hours, and how far ahead to order. I'm finding more and more that people are not listening at all! Not listening to me when I'm talking, and not listening to my voicemail!Some days, I come in while we're closed to catch up on paperwork. I don't answer the phone so no one gets the impression we're open that day. But the same number shows on the caller ID over and over and...
Hey! I never did the Cakes Across America, but I did participate in a program thru Wedding Cakes Across America; at the time it was in conjunction with David's Bridal, where we paid $200 per month to be a specific store's "preferred baker". Of course the David's I was paying for never returned my calls/ didn't acknowledge me, and apparently I was not the only baker having this issue with their David's store. David's decided to do their own preferred baker program this...