Posts by ButtercupMama

Yes, after finally finding this product, we received four 50 lb bags as samples from Pilsbury... very generous!!Unfortunately, the product is not the same as what you buy at the grocery store in little boxes. Pretty soon we were adding additional eggs, pudding mix, and whatever we could to make it not crumbly, and good tasting. After a few customer complaints, and bringing some to a family event, we went back to buying cases from the grocery store.We were disappointed,...
I'm sorry, but forget that!!It is a conflict of interests for them to run a homebased cake business, and also do cakes for you at your shop. (A home hobbyist is fine, but once it has turned into a money-generating thing, I'd say no way! Their own interests will always come before yours.)I ran a craigslist ad for help, and had about 75 responses within 3 days. It was the cheapest ad around, only $25. You can check with your local art school or culinary school, but you'll...
HI there, MalibuBakinBarbie posted a really informative article not too long ago regarding the cupcake shop craze; a must-read for you, I'd say. I'm going to attempt to post a link:http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-662555.htmlHope that works for ya!My only advice, is, for a cupcake shop to catch on like wild fire, you need to have a location in a somewhat trendy, high traffic area! Of course, the downfall here is high rent. Keep looking until you find...
Hi guys, I wondered if we could work faster/more efficiently with a Kopycake projector? I've never actually seen or used one, but I recently met a gal who said she used one for years at a cake shop she worked at. I always "freehand", and while that's all well and good, not all my girls can confidently freehand stuff. And if it is the sort of item that I could place a photo in, to project, say, someone's 68 camaro, I'd be on board! I'm terrible at cars and stuff with...
My best name combo was almost 15 years ago; the Burfackoff-Lowcock wedding.Of course that can't even touch the Giant-Dick wedding. And my mom went to school with a Harold Balls. Yeah, they called him Harry. She said the kids laughed every morning at roll call.
I think your site is beautiful, clean and simple. Just get more cake pictures up as you go. People looooove pictures! I don't really have anything else to add, I think it is really lovely!!
That was a cool article; I like the fact that it covered so many angles and was unbiased, for the most part. Half way thru it though, I had to stop and take a phone call from someone inquiring about what cupcakes are in our bakery case today.
Thanks, I'm going to check this out! Looks like much better pricing than the catalog I received in the mail from another company!!
Okay, well the problem with wearing t-shirts in the back kitchen, and chef coats for the public is, my staff and I are back and forth, from working in the kitchen, to helping folks in the lobby all day long! (And we do absolutely wear aprons over the t-shirts.)Is there such a thing as a lightweight chef coat?This may be a dumb question; you don't wear an apron over a chef's coat, do you?? (We're so used to our aprons, we're going to be a real mess if we go to chefs...
That article was so idiotic on so many levels, I don't even have the energy to be specific. I thought the press was supposed to be encouraging folks to spend money in their local communities, to boost this economy? As a bakery, I don't think I'd be putting any advertising dollars into this publication anytime soon. What a waste of paper and ink.