Posts by ButtercupMama

We have the same problem. I'd love to hear any other suggestions as well. What we do is slice off the naughty parts with a paring knife before icing/decorating them. Still looks a bit stupid, and I get so jealous when i see evenly baked cupcakes! Oh, we also rotate the pans halfway thru baking time.
Hmm, those ideas aren't too bad! I did buy a styro tool, but just made a melty mess. I always tell me customers that I won't do cakes that require power tools. (he he he)So I don't think I want to go Duff-style on it, but I am going to look for that episode just for any other tidbits I might pick up!I like the idea of rice krispies... I was actually thinking of doing this for the four towers because I want to keep them really lightweight. And the kids craft link was a...
"Chop-Chop Cake Shop"(I can see this one with one of those logos you guys were dreaming up... maybe one with all black line art of a simplified chef with red for her hair and a red cherry blossom on the cake in front of her)"The Cake Dojo"
Hello! I have been stressing about doing this cake since it was ordered, and I'm still not sure how I'm going to do it. I have to make a replica of Smolny Cathedral in Russia for a wedding.Link to picture:http://www.aditours.com/photos/Smolny%20Cathedral%20Outside%20for%202007%20Festival.jpgThis building has five of what I've heard referred to as onion domes. (The back of the building mirrors the front) To be honest, I am not sure how I'll do the rest. The bride just...
This sounds awesome! I actually roll a big ol dehumidifier from Sears into my walk-in sometimes, just to help take the edge off the humidity. I'm waiting for it to break, since I know a regular dehumidifier is not supposed to be run at that temp. But I didn't know what else to do! I will give this a shot for sure; thanks for the tip!
I use regular smooth-edged Wilton plates, a size larger than the cake which sits on it, and Wilton's Hidden Pillars, which are 6" tall. This gives me about 1.5-2" between cakes for the flowers. And the Hidden Pillars lock in to the feet on the plates, quite snugly. (Don't drive with it assembled though, stack on-site!)This set-up does require a lot of flowers, so make sure you'll have enough. You may want to use some filler flowers or leaves also, to help with any...
Actually, the budget is going to be $97.50, for you, since you're gonna have to spend 2.50 with eventective to buy that lead...
It's insanely gorgeous... you should be so proud; that is a lot of hard work, right there! Wish I could pop in for a cupcake!! (Every day.) They look way yummy!
It's perfect. If there is a Home Slice pizza place anywhere nearby, just add what makes you different...Home Slice Cake ShopHome Slice BakeryHome Slice CakeryHome Slice CakesHome Slice CafeCute, clever, catchy, modern, and it shows a lighthearted sense of humor. Pair it with an awesome cake logo, and you're good to go. Trust me, after you're up and running, you will consistently get comments on what a cute business name it is. And people will remember it. Or, you...
Hello,I have some chocolate molds that are gem shaped. You can find these anywhere you buy chocolate molds; or online, if you don't have a local supply shop. I would just make these in your desired colors, and then brush on some luster or pearl dust. You can brush on the dry powder since it's chocolate, and it will stick fine. I usually use a super soft, big make-up brush for this. (one that is bought and used only for cake stuff, of course!) Only issue is, you have...