Posts by ButtercupMama

This sounds pretty fun. Yeah, if you plan to make it so the heel is laying on the cake board, and the toes are pointing skyward, I would probably put the whole cake on a very thick foil-wrapped cake board/drum. Then, once the foot was built up to the toes, I would take pointed bamboo skewers, and shoot them straight down thru the tips of the toes, until they are anchored firmly into the the board/drum. One for each toe. You may even want to shoot a long drinking straw up...
These same con artists are hitting the "relay call" circuit pretty hard and heavy too. They pretend to be deaf and use the relay call system purposely, so it is difficult to have a regular conversation. They need a large order fast, and pretend not to understand your simple questions. It's a major waste of our time, because the calls take forever, and the relay operators will not trace the call when you tell them it's a scam. Some of them seem amused, but I get a...
I am compiling a Company Handbook for my bakery; have been for a while. I have word docs so far with:*Suppliers/supply lists*General Managerial duties*Dress Code*SOPs regarding thawing, (requested by my health inspector)*RecipesBut I feel all loosey-goosey. What am I missing? I want an awesome, complete book here...what if something happened to me? I don't want to be the great powerful OZ! I want someone to be able to say, ah, that's right here in the book! What's...
Hmm, well, we've been dealing with the problem for years, have asked every service tech, and also the health inspector. We've dumped thousands of dollars into walk-in repair, and have had 4 different companies out to check it.We bought the dehumidifier for this purpose, and although the gal at Sears said it's not made to run at 40 degrees, it does. Mostly, we keep it running right outside the walk-in, and it works fine, and during humid seasons, it's tank fills up daily....
Sorry, I tried a search, but I'm not coming up with it...There was a thread on this forum a few months back regarding some product that helps absorb the water from the air in your fridge or walk-in cooler? I though it was called Cooler King, but I must have been mistaken? Anyhoo, I desperately need it now... the cakes in my walk-in are wet, wet, wet! Gross!!!(Yes, we have a dehumidifier, but it's just not cutting the mustard!)Thanks!!
Well, at my shop, we keep resumes on file, and look thru them when it's time to hire. I like to receive a one page resume, with one page of photos of your work attached for me to keep. (cakes/desserts you made using diverse mediums). You can attach a cover letter if you like, but this sort of set- up is attractive to me, as a person who does the hiring. But you'd be surprised how many crazy resumes I get, with typos, sentences that don't make sense, no punctuation......
Thanks! I agree, Leah, he probably is expecting to negotiate. (Barf, that's not my bag!) But it doesn't hurt to ask! And yes, I will take a good listen when we plug it in. I've been looking for something like this as additional cold storage, AND to back up my walk-in, which loves to take a dump when I'm in the middle of cake madness. Happens every year. *sigh*Anybody else got an old one of these, experiences, good or bad?
Hi guys,I'm looking at a used Delmont 3-door stainless steel refrigerator. The guy says the info on the fridge says it was made in 1996, so I presume it is 14 years old. He says it's in perfect working condition and I can plug it in, etc.He's asking $1500, and I think they are around $4000-$4500 new. Free delivery. Quick, what do you say? Good price? I would say it is, but I don't know what the lifespan of this item is!
We do standard sized cupcakes for $2 each, iced, and with a sprinkle or glitter, etc. They are $2.50 each if something is piped on top of the icing, like a smiley, or rosebud, or monogram, etc. Or if they have a little flat, shaped fondant cut-out piece.Anything covered in fondant shoots up to around $3.50 or more.
We do them for $9 per dozen (75 cents each), with a two dozen minimum per flavor ordered. These come iced only with a dollop of icing and a sprinkle/sugar/glitter if wanted.