Posts by Debs71

I found this recipe earlier this year and use it all the time. I actually made the whole cake (it was delicious), but this is now my go to recipe for chocolate cake/cupcakes. They rise very nicely and are moist. http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chocolate-Cake-with-Milk-Chocolate-Peanut-Butter-Frosting-and-Peanut-Butter-Brittle-351020
Do tell... what's your ceramic tile trick?
Evening!I'm working on a WASC cake with ganache filling, chocolate mocha frosting and chocolate covered strawberries on top. Also just baked some chocolate cupcakes. To be decorated tomorrow with fondant & chocolate monogram. Demo's for a friends wedding.Sounds like you've got a full plate tonight, Leah.Deb
Oh my.... that is too funny!Reminds me of the time I was staying at a friends place & decided to make chocolate chip cookies. Little did I know they had 2 huge jars... one of sugar and the other of salt. Man, were those some nasty cookies! Deb
Oh my.... that is too funny!Reminds me of the time I was staying at a friends place & decided to make chocolate chip cookies. Little did I know they had 2 huge jars... one of sugar and the other of salt. Man, were those some nasty cookies! Deb
Leahs... if I could I definitely would. They are an old old family recipe. I'm not allowed in the front door at Xmas if I don't have these in hand! Even though I'm the one cooking the bird!
Hi all, It's my first time joining the FNCC. Tonight I'm working on a 12" round with a horse FBCT on top for my niece's bday tomorrow. I'm just waiting for the cakes to cool. Thankfully the icing and FBCT are ready and waiting. Gonna be a late night.. good thing I'm a night owl.Oh, and I made a batch of Chocolate Marshmallow Brownies for our family BBQ tomorrow. Deb
Thanks for responding so quickly!Do you think it would be ok if I waited and did it all tomorrow? I'm exhausted tonight, for many different reasons, and think I'd be better at it tomorrow.It's a really simple chocolate cake with white buttercream icing with very minimal design. I'm hoping since it's just two 9" on top of two 12" that there won't/shouldn't be any buldging to worry about?
Hi all, I have my first wedding cake due this Saturday. Thankfully it's a smaller one - 12" & 9" - two 2" layers of each cake. Cakes were baked on Tuesday night. I know I should fill & crumb coat tonight and decorate tomorrow night. Only buttercream... no fondant for this cake. She also wants buttercream filling, so nothing fancy at all.My questions... should I crumb & ice completely tonight or just crumb? or can I do it all tomorrow - ice & decorate? if I ice completely...
Congratulations Debi! You deserve the attention. It was nice to read your story. I don't post that often but do enjoy reading when you do.... you "tell it like it is".Deb