Posts by MacsMom

I'm so excited!! I've been going nuts trying to figure out a no-fail way to produce the Orange cake with consistency and great flavor... I've found it! Albeit, a tad expensive.I was picking up peach puree at Bev Mo and saw TGIF's Orange Dream ($13 for 1.75 liters). It does have vodka in it, but that is a good thing since it means the drink will last practically indefinitely in the fridge.I had to add extra orange flavoring (used a dram of LoRann's orange, but you could...
I didn't get a notification to your reply! That sounds amazing!!Yes, I would definitely use that in cake. Maybe a caramel cake? But either white or chocolate or even cafe late flavor would be great, too.
I can't stand policies like that! Especially when you can stand there and ring up 2 transactions in a row so that you can use more than the minimum. Or get back in line... either way, those coupons will get used!
After I cover the tier in fondant, I trim, leaving leaving an inch or two around the base. Next, I place it on top of a smaller bowl or Crisco can, so that there is room to run a knife under the edge. With the knife exactly horizontal to the bottom edge of the tier, trim the excess fondant away.When placing it on top of the lower tier, sometimes BC will crumble out from bewteen the cake and fondant, but that can be easily brushed away. The acetate works great for smoothing...
Pearl/luster dusts do a great job and gand molded fondant/gumpasts jewels.Or, you can place a dozen or so jolly Ranchers in a Ziploc, then crack them with a hammer to see if you get any keepers...
Sounds like a truffle filling. I melt a block of almond bark (or 2 bags chocolate chips - or white chocolate) and quickly beat in 2 (8oz) cream chz at room temp. Beat til light and creamy. It will be thick when it cools. For more sweetness, add a cup of powdered sugar and vanilla (or any flavoring).
They will be perfectly fine. All of my cakes are fondant and all go in the fridge. The only issue I can think of is that the color from the roses or petal dust may bleed onto the SMBC? I don't know because I have never used fondant on anything but fondant - but I have never had any issues with colors bleeding, even with pearl dust, so it's not likely.You can't put the roses on after the cake has been brought to room temp?
I don't have issues with it, but yes, using a little cornstarch and whipping cream makes great BC.
I would stick one long dowel all the way through the cake, placed in an area where the center of it can rest on a supporting cake board. Hard to explain: Like a 2-tiered cake, the bottom half (or 2/3) of the owl is the bottom tier, the top half (or 1/3) of the cake is the second tier. You'll want that dowel to rest on top of the cake board of the top tier for maximum support. So cover the owl in fondant first (or buttercream, THEN stick the long dowel through so that...
Oh, and I used the black for the label on this JD bottle: