Posts by MacsMom

The cake mix is just "white" - White Almond Sour Cream is the name of the recipe by Rebecca Sutterby. You can use any flavor, though: Yellow, vanilla, etc.   I prefer BC because it is more sifted, for lack of better description. Other mixes tend to have tiny clumps if I don't sift it, which leaves white spots in cakes that I add food coloring to. BC also has less of a tendency to sink than others I've tried.
In my signature line, you will find the link to the recipes.
So you basically just omitted the eggs and used 2-2/3 cups soda?
 Welcome to Cake Central!  I learned everything I know here, so glad this thread is helping others create a fun list of flavors.
It is White Almond Sour Cream. When I first made the recipe I fell in love, and then began experimenting with flavored creamers; it has evolved with help from everyone.   There is a recipe for a scratch version on the google doc.
All the stirring breaks down the stuff that allows cakes to rise (thickens the gluten?).  But mine have been coming out fine.They don't rise as much, but they also are not overly dense. I even prefer the texture.   I just dump a huge glob of color in all at once, and use a large spatula to stir it in. If you still have trouble, add another egg white or use all water (no creamer).
Oay, I tried to change the "share" access. It now says anyone with access to the link can view it. Try it and let me know!  http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs
I don't knwo it started doing that - it happened after an update. Try to copy/paste the link insteda of clicking on it.  Each time I get to the page, the URL is different and the last word in the URL is "edit".  I have to figure out how to allow permission.
One more tip I recently came to realize: When making MMF, the Kraft giant marshmallows work the best by far!!  I just use one bag to two 2lbs PS (typically I don't use all of the PS).
For cakes high in sugar (which tends to make them dense and over-moist, as well as crusty) be sure to use bake-even strips. I got mine at Michaels, Wilton.   Yes, LoRann oils make all the difference in flavoring fruit cakes. I have begun cutting way back on puree and adding more flavoring due to the texture after adding a lot of puree.   LoRanns flavor vary in strentgh. The cherry, for instance, only requires 1/4 tsp for the whole recipe because it is sooo strong. But...