Posts by MacsMom

13" square or 14" round 10" + 9" round Two 8" and one 5" round Two 8" squares Two 9" rounds   Half recipe (1 mix) = two 6" rounds   For one 11" round: 5 cups cake mix 2 1/2 c flour 2 1/2 c sugar 1 pkg pudding mix 2 1/2 c sour cream 3 1/3 c  liquid 7 eggs (or 10 egg whites) 1/3 c oil
You are right, omit the extract. A tiny bit goes a long way, and adding too much does it make too Red Hot'ish.
I don't use them. This recipe is plenty moist without them! 
Yes :)
Do you have a Sam's Club? Ask the bakery department. Otherwise, you can make this as a replacement: http://www.food.com/recipe/wilton-stabilized-whipped-cream-79506
Agreed!!  I have seen companies say they ship cakes, but I can't imagine how, unles they have their own driver.
Have you heard of Bettercreme? It's the same, but better. A non-dairy whipped icing that comes frozen in a liquid state. Once whipped, it shelf stable for a few days. I buy mine at Smart&Final.
I would never ship a cake!  Unless it was a pound or mud cake with no filling, and one layer. Ground ship, but I don't know if UPS or FedEx is best.
I  don't know how their syrups are, but I did not like their flavorings. If they are similar toTorani, then you'll have to reduce the sugar and add an extra egg white.
In the google doc in my signature, there is a scratch version listed (I think it's the 3rd recipe)