Posts by cassandrascakes

First, hello! I havent posted here in years....I see a lot of familiar folks are still here. I was asked to do a cake for a "Joyologist". She conducts seminars for women, her theme is to promote joy and happiness in spite of whatever they have been through. She is having a small gathering, needs a small cake, the budget is $80....I'm looking for ideas. Any help?
At Michaels. I don't know if it's been posted, but I wanted to let everyone know. You don't need a coupon or anything.
Tell me about it, when will it ever end? The way things have gone up, I don't know how much better we will actually be doing when I do start working.
This is a subject that is so relevant to me. I have been battling this for a long time. Most of my problem is my area. Small, country town, everyone crying broke, etc. Well, I have raised my prices since I first started, but with everything so high, it's time to do it again.I just graduated nursing school, and the cakes really helped me through because I wasn't working. But now that I'm getting ready to go to work, I had decided to just quit with the cakes altogether...
This thread has given me the giggles for this evening. I did a fountain cake less than three years ago complete with stairs, bridemaids and groomsmen. What's more hilarious is that people ohhhed and ahhhed over it, lol.A good friend of mine was at a bridal store that was closing and told me she had bought me a ton of "COOL CAKE STUFF", that was on clearance. She didn't want one penny for it, "just wanted me to have it". Well, I went and picked it up and low and behold...
I haven't been around for a minute because I was in nursing school, and for a year, that ruled my life. I have only popped in from time to time, in search of an idea or two. Since I've graduated, I've been back on the site, and have fallen in love all over again, lol. I've been reminded of how addicting this site is. My butt is hurting right now from sitting here so long tonight. I was wondering, is there anything new, etc. that I need to know, or has anything...
I just wanted to add that AFTER I check for something here on CC, I then order from www.countrykitchensa.com, and they are excellent. Great, Great, Great customer service. They will call you on the phone if something isn't available and give you the option of substituting another item, or refunding your money. They are also extremely fast.
A bride wants to see pictures of wedding cakes. Her colors are chocolate brown, peach, and ivory. Her theme is hearts, but that's optional when it comes to the cake. I have been searcing for cakes for her to see, but I havent' been successful. If anyone has seen a pic of a cake that fits the bill, please let me know where I can find it. Thanks for your time!
I just wanted to add that with the new crisco, I have to really adjust my water. I had problems at first, but now, I add the water last, and only add it in drops until I get the right consistency. It has worked for me. I have to use about half of the water I used to.
Here's another labor intensive cake. I think it's the ones that we labor so hard over that surprise us when they aren't favs, or don't get that many views. Those little dots almost killed me, but I completely understand that there are many cakes like this already on the site, and how many basketball cakes does one need in there favs? LOL, anyway, I did receive several emails asking for directions for this...