Posts by barbaranoel

When I first posted this, I did this as a funny, I can't believe this happened kind of story. In fact, when I first heard about it, I couldn't wait to post it here because I THOUGHT you'd all get a kick out of it. But obviously it has turned into so much more.I have been on this website for a few years now, I may not know everything about cake decorating, don't profess to, but for the most part I enjoy reading the posts and the responses. I have received enormous support...
The kid was old enough to pick his own cake out of the book FROM A PICTURE so I am sure it didn't bother him at all.He will be more traumatized when they point out the family to me the next time they come in and I guarantee you they won't be getting anything free again, in fact they better not ask me for something we are out of on the shelf because I don't care if I've got it in back or not, for them I will always be out of whatever they want.
The mgr now realizes he was idiot and freely admits it. He promised me not to be so stupid in the future They will call me all evening for stupid stuff, but not for things like that
Around of the base of the cake not the top
because we didn't put a top border on your cake???? I actually had a customer complain about that last night. She insisted to the manager that because we didn't put the top border on her kid's Spongebob birthday cake, which she picked out from a picture out of Bakery Craft Book, her son's whole birthday would be ruined and he should give her $7.99 off the price - because it was only worth $10 to her now!Of course she picked it up after 8pm when there was no one left to...
I had to call a customer today and try to get them to change their order, they wanted an edible image of their logo and Publix logo on it for some kind of presentation.I had to tell them unless they could get me written permission from both of their legal depts I couldn't do the cake. He was upset cause he could get his but not Publix's .I didn't want to take a chance with this, considering it was for another grocery store (I am at Kroger) I could just see this as being a...
Yesterday morning I lost my best friend, my love and my life. My husband of 17yrs passed on.After a very brief battle with Brain Cancer he died in the ER at Riverside hospital.Everyone was so supportive when I first posted about his illness I just want to Thank everyone.Now I have to figure out how to go on with 2 boys, 11 and 5 and help them while dealing with the loss of my best friend.Barb
Really, there is nothing redeeming about them. I hate them so much that I just want to take my son's Garfield comic books and everywhere that Garfield says "I hate Mondays" I just want to go through and scratch out monday and write in Friday.My husband was diagnosed with his brain tumor on a Friday. He had his first seizure on a Friday. Then today he had another seizure (yep- it's Friday!) AND my mom had her license taken away from her today. So I had to listen to her go...
My 5yr old is the same. He told me he wanted to make a bust of Indiana Jones just like the Spiderman one except he wanted it to be FULL size He got Lego Indiana Jones instead going after the Krystal Skull.Barb
[/i]My 2cents as a Bakery Manager[i]I am the dept head for a Kroger Freshfare (An upscale Kroger)I have 2 decorators on duty: a regular cake decorator and a Pastry Chef. They are both responsible for keeping the cake cases filled, brownies decorated, orders done, and general helping out in the bakery.The decorator does primarily the orders while my Pastry Chef does primarily the Gourmet Pastry case. They do cross over there and I give them opposite days off.As a mgr. I...