Posts by AlanT

I have purchased and tasted all the DH professional mixes.  The flavor is the same as the box mix and the texture is a little firmer which is good.  They do require eggs, oil and water.  I will be adding smaller packages of the professional mix on our website at GSA in January.  Most likely in 1.25, 2.5 and 5 pound bags.
To all GSA customers,   In an additional effort to assure our patrons that we are doing everything in our power to secure your personal information we have moved all of our processing to PAYPAL including credit cards for both domestic and international orders. If you choose to use a credit card to make a purchase from our website you will be prompted to give your credentials through the PAYPAL credit card server which is 100% secured by PAYPAL.  You do not need a...
I am happy to report that the website it locked down and secure and software code has be re-written as promised.  All credit card information is sent directly through the authorizing bank in an encrypted form and no longer resides anywhere on our server. Once again, my sincere apologies in this issue. Alan
It  would be safer to call us with your credit card number today.  Once the site is secure by tomorrow, we will no longer have any access to your credit card information.  It will be sent securely and encrypted directly to the bank for processing.  So, if you need to add to your order or upgrade shipping, you will have to call us with payment information for the additions and changes.  We will no longer have access to any credit card information for US orders.   Once...
To all our GSA customer.  Firstly, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you have suffered.  You always have the ability to place internet orders using "Phone Order" as the payment type and calling in your credit card that will be manually processed and NOT placed in any software program.  You can also use Paypal which is very safe as well.   We are aware of the issue and have addressed it on a few forums already. Sharon alerted me of this forum thread two...
Thank you for the notice. We checked with our server company and there did appear to be a problem viewing the site in a few countries. The problem was located and repaired soon after it started. Alan
basically they are just larger than most boards on the market. Alan
Oh Gerle, you sure know how to make me write a reply . I use the small mats, like Earlene's or Sweet Expressions for embossing fondant that is already on the cake. There are dozens of great patterns that are fun to work with. If you want a pattern on the entire cake, you can use the large mats or Geraldine's mats but you cannot use a smoother on the cake. You also have to be very careful of not stretching the fondant when applying to the cake. These definitely have ...
I have a recipe for Tylose gumpaste and Tylose gum glue on our website. It is located here- http://www.globalsugarart.com/?id=21 Alan
This is a difficult question because they each have different uses. What do you plan on making with the mats or rolling pins? Alan