Posts by Lambshack

Have you tried Foose cutters yet? I believe the design you are looking for is a cheap tin cutter... maybe $1.99 at the most.Try googling their website. Or Pinenose Productions; they have similar items.Hope this helps!
I just bought a nesting stack of diamond shape cutters yesterday and can't wait to try them out! I obviously didn't pay enough attention in geometry because as much as I love the look of the harlequin pattern, I hated trying to figure those things out! I might even bake a cake for DH and make it look pretty!(I think my set was like $10.99 and has about 8 or 10 sizes in it).
Check out where those things are made at... they are distributed here by some stateside manufacturer, but they are produced overseas somewhere. I bought some cute animal cookies from the San Diego Wild Animal park because I thought they were cute and might be able to make something similar. They are still shrink-wrapped and haven't tried them yet - waiting for the right occasion. They look similar to a light gingerbread-type cookie, but I'm sure they taste pretty awful....
If its not a very heavy cake (no fondant!) or on the smallish side, I use bright, neon colored plastic straws. They are easy to snip off with kitchen scissors, and then I tape the little leftover pieces to the inside of my cake box lid, so the customer knows what to look for. Helps me to remind the first-time customers, too! When I open the box to show them the cake, I point out the little pieces and tell them approximately where they are. I use the bright green, pink,...
Wendy,Don't give up yet! What type of frosting are you using? That might be your problem. I always put a glaze on the cookie before the 'fun' part! I use a mixture of powdered sugar and milk, some use a little corn syrup with theirs, and a little flavoring. Get it to the right consistency and you can easily spread that on. If its too runny, it will drip off the edges of the cookies - okay for petit fours, but not for cookies. if its too thick, it will drag and pull...
I agree with LanaC - strange that the dept would CALL you rather than send their usual delayed written warnings, etc... I know the fire marshall just shows up at my real job. Somehow I would think that they would show up, give you a case number, and automatically issue you a fine.I think its horrible that this happened and I would go back and look at your caller ID and see who might be playing pranks on you. My husband just heard about this thread and thought it was...
Good decision! Only use that stuff if you want to take pictures for samples and try out new designs. But to actually eat or worse yet, sell, don't do it!
Blewck - sticking tongue out. That stuff is only good raw (I must admit my DH loves the choc chip kind - samples my homemade and smiles but devours the refrig kind!). I think it tells you to add more flour if you plan on rolling them out for cutters.I wouldn't do it, but that is just my opinion. In a pinch, I guess it would work, but why put the effort forth for such an inferior product?
Present cake is a great idea. you could make each present a different flavor and let her share it with all her roomies and friends. Its fun to make the different designs on the 'papers'.
I read a post where the decorator used a clean paintbrush (wide one, I guess) and just lightly ran it over the edges where the pages show - it was buttercream - then once it crusted he dusted all of the edges with gold luster dust, and it looked like leafing on the pages... really turned out nice. You could then make the covers in fondant to get a nice smooth edge...