Posts by Lambshack

I just tell people I don't price by the final size, but by the serving, and that way I can judge by how many recipes of cake batter I will need. I also tell them I don't do sheet cakes - they can get those anywhere at any bakery or grocery store, and I'm not wasting my time on their creation just so it can be compared by final size to 'those other' cakes.Besides, if a recipe makes 12 servings and the customer wants 30 servings (3 batches of batter), I just size the cake...
I make very simple, whimsical initials using fondant 'snakes' and tapering the ends a little narrower. Once I have the shape or letters formed, I put toothpicks in the lower portion (leaving about 2/3rds of the pick showing) to help secure them in the cake. The I put the whole thing in my dehydrater for a few days, or at least overnight. Depending on how thick your snakes are, it might take a little longer. You can also mix in a little gumpaste with your fondant to...
I just ordered some from a label supplier (I'm in the printing business and got them at cost) and they were very affordable and look professional on the clear bags. I put them on the back of the cookie bag, about an inch or two up from the bottom. They simply have my company name and email & phone number. I have received phone calls from customers who held onto the baggie for over a year before they called to place an order..."I was waiting for the perfect occasion to...
Besides the usual round disco ball, what are some other ideas that might translate well into cookies? Peace signs? Records? Tie-dye shirts?Any help would be greatly appreciated ... order for 5 dozen due this weekend, and I don't feel like cranking out a kajillion little fondant squares to dust with silver luster!Help me please!!!Thanks in advance!
I have a customer that used a local bakery for years before she met me and started ordering my cookies. When she found out I made cakes, she was very curious about my buttercream, because that is why she claims she liked this bakery's cakes. I told her I use all butter and a cooked sugar, versus the bakery used a shortening/PS recipe, and they wouldn't taste the same. While she orders cakes for gifts and other people from me, for her personal family cakes, she goes to...
Or you could probably use the dog paw cutter....
I would just use a round cutter and slightly shape it when transfering to the cookie sheet. Frost all one color and then add the detail to the print with royal icing. I have a few in my gallery - bear paws - that might help you.
Anyone? Help please!
Howdy ya'll!I need some ideas for a man's 40th birthday party cake. He is a die-hard Aggie (Texas A & M for those of you foreigners, LOL) and his wife is ordering this cake for him. Mind you, in the past he has sent me some really cool photos of Aggie related cakes, just to 'challenge' me, but I'm not sure his wife wants the cake to be 100% Aggie, if you know what I mean.Any ideas???Thanks so much in advance for your help!Lisa
I made frozen buttercream transfer (my first one) for my transformer cake about two years ago - before the movie!Once I had it on the top of the cake, I used a small flat paitbrush and 'blended' the three colors together a bit to give it that shadowed effect.Turned out really cool, in my opinion, and wasn't that hard to do!Good luck!