Posts by Lambshack

For an outstanding combo, sprinkle in a little cinnamon with your frosting... YUMMY!
There is a beautiful luster dust in a peacock blue too!
Better yet, make a bunch of super thin strings of gumpaste and then wrap them haphazardly around a parchment covered ice cream cone, with extra 'height' added and twisted back around itself at the very tip. Place the cone upside down and work your way up to the top. Make sure to insert a wire or two sticking out of the top (which will flip over to be the bottom) in order to stick it into the cake. The key is to do this way ahead of time, and to make a couple of extras,...
I LOVE to sketch out the cake design before I even think about sizes. I have been known to change pan shapes and sizes while in the design process and its so much easier to plan out a multi-colored cake. Sometimes its just easier to see it on paper and then you can play around with the colors and which color goes on which layer, accent pieces, toppers, shooting wire art, etc.I have never had someone ask for a sketch, but a few times I have had so many ideas from one...
How about making it look the crash test dummy head? Or something similar. Maybe a very large credit card from "Bank of Mom and Dad" with personalized info on it. Good luck! I think that is a very thoughtful idea!
I have to say that any decorated sugar cookies are almost always handled by hand - in order to flood coat evenly, to rotate or get the right angle when applying extra details. Then you may have to transfer to a drying rack in order to make more room for the next tray of cookies. And let's not even go into bagging them up!!! My hands are soooooooo darn chapped after a large cookie order, I can hardly bend them to wrap around a pastry bag for the next order. I am...
You had too much liquid - the vodka will actually melt or dissolve the sugar in the RI. I learned a few years ago that Everclear evaporates before it has time to eat away at the sugar, so I've used Everclear ever since. People always laugh at me when they find out all of my kids' birthday party favor cookies are laced with Everclear! LOLI have used the spray can with great success - it works especially well for a nice subtle 'glistening' effect on the cookies.
I have this problem whenever I use black coloring. In order to get it black enough, I think the RI breaks down with all the extra liquid. Whenever I would bag up the cookies, all the black RI would crumble or chip off and make a huge mess! I switched and use a glaze (milk, corn syrup, and PS) now whenever I have to use black.
Whenever I make chocolate-dipped strawberries, I get 'oozing' from the strawberries if they are refrigerated. I'm thinking that pourous things like cake and strawberries don't like to be trapped, and this is what happens. Regular chocolate truffles don't ooze, because the filling is solid. The natural sugars in the berries start to break down and ooze. What's up with the cake ooze???
If she already knew what the competition was doing, why on earth was she calling you??? I'll tell you why... because something about you and your products was MORE special than the competition, and she thought she could ... let's say it all together... HAVE HER CAKE AND EAT IT TOO! lolAfter the competition comment, I would have promptly said, "Well, thank you, however I don't consider them competition as the reason you called me is the perfect example of you wanting...