Posts by MindiBrad

I agree with everyone....forget about this crackpot and move on.My only concern is this....are you a "legal baker"? If you aren't, this woman could potentially make problems for you by "blowing the whistle" on you.As for the BBB....who cares if she reports you? If she does, the BBB will send you a letter and a form to fill out your side of the story. As long as you answer the complaint, they consider the matter "closed".FWIW - a bad BBB rating only matters if people...
Thanks Squirrelly - hey - I noticed you don't have a "photo tab" on your replies or in your profile.....didn't you used to have a TON of cakes uploaded to the galleries?
I just uploaded a new cake - it's the slumber party one. While this one wasn't as much of a headache as the Noah's Ark cake I made a while back, I am SO glad it's done!This one ws for a neighbor. Her daughter had been over about a month ago, and the 2005 Wilton book was on my coffee table opened to the Christmas section...the page with the mom & dad in bed holding candy canes with "visions of sugarplums". She decided that she wanted me to make her cake for her...
I had this problem last Friday night with the Red Hat cake that I made.....all the ladies were picking up things from the dessert table and I turned to my mom and said "I can't believe no one wanted any cake!". One lady turned around and said "oh - it's too pretty to cut!". I just smiled and said "it's just flour, sugar and eggs....and if you guys don't eat it, I have to take it home!". I walked right over to the table, cut about 10 slices out of it and walked back in...
I actually emailed them already and they said that they had to charge the 1 pound rate because they had to put it in a box because they were afraid of the bottle bursting if they put it in a bubble envelope.....I guess I'll just "suck it up" and pay the shipping cost, but I think that I'll look around and try to get the "most" for my "1 pound minimum" shipping cost. I was just hoping to actually STICK to an "I only need 2 things" shopping trip
HI all! I needed to just order 2 bottles of Americolor and it seems like everyone wants $4-5 minimum shipping.....and since the colors are only going to cost about $3, it seems ridiculous to pay that much for shipping....Does anyone know of a place that has cheap shipping or is willing to just pop the 2 bottles in a bubble envelope and put 2 stamps on it?Thanks!
Just got back from Michael's in Montgomeryville, PA and they had it....this years's book is FABULOUS, IMO....much better than last year's (at least, as fat as the novelty cakes go...)
My sister lives in Bel Air too....I'm in that Michaels and JoAnn's all the time (as well as the Outback Steakhouse
Hi all! I have added 2 cakes to the galleries.The first is a cake I made for a Red Hat party. The brim was a single-layer 10"round and the top of the hat was 1/2 of the sports ball pan. It was covered in red fondant with a purple gumpaste bow and a purple band on the hat. The flowers were silk flowers.The 2nd is the "thank you star cake" and was made from 2 Enhanced Cake mix recipes (so it ended up being the equivalent of 3 Cake Mixes)....was a 3 layer cake (2 yellow...
I found out about this place through the Wilton forum....and I love it here so much that I rarely visit the Wilton Boards any more!