Posts by a_blonde_betty_boop

I'm sure a more experienced decorator will post and give you better answers than I can. But I can tell you from my experience with whipped topping.....I tried it on my mom and dad's anniversary cake and I will never do it again lol. It iced it fine.....but when you but it in your bag to do the actual decorating......after a few minutes it starts to have a lot of moisture and on my cake actually had liquid come out of my bag It was horrible.....here is a link to the...
Ignore that last post.......after I posted I went and tried again .......and it worked
I tried to download a few cake pan instructions and it wouldn't work for me and I have acrobat reader. Is there something wrong with the web page?
Yes that's it.....Thank you! I don't know what I would do with out everyone's help.....probably be in a lot of trouble lol
I had seen a pic of a baby shower cake somewhere that I want to try this weekend. It was a baby with a basketweave blanket on it. Well now that I need to find the directions on how to do it...I can't seem to find it lol. I know you use plastic wrap and do the basketweave on it.....but I would really like to find the directions. I would really appreciate it if anyone knows. Thank You
Someone told me that you could frost and decorate with whipped cream in the tub.....so for my mom and dad's anniversary cake I decided to try it. It frosted it fine....but then when i went to put my shell border on....it wasn't stiff enough but it did ok.....then I went to do my writing and the whipped cream started having a lot of moisture It tasted ok but it didn't look the best in the world. The reason I was trying something other than buttercream is because I...
I just wanted to let everyone know the pic of the wedding cake I was stressing over is now posted. Thanks to everyone for the help! And by the way I done my first cupcake cake today and it turned out good....I was very happy with it...which is unusual lol. The cake was in the shape of a pumpkin......I'll be posting a pic the first part of next week hopefully.
Thanks for the ideas and hopefully someone can take a pic of it for me.....i don't have a camera just yet...but working on it. BTW....I'm baking the cupcakes as we speak lol so wish me luck...i've never done a CCC before.
I was wondering if anyone has ever seen a cupcake cake in the shape of a pumpkin? My son's class is doing a cake walk for a Fall Carnival tomorrow and I was wanting to try something new and different. I have never tried a cupcake cake....but I read a tutorial on it. The problem I am worried about it getting the cupcakes arranged in the right shape. If anyone has any ideas or advise I would really appreciate it. Oh and by the way I will be posting the pictures of my...
This sounds like a silly question, but in a few weeks I will be decorating my first wedding cake for my cousin. My question is....how can I keep from the sides and bottom of my cakes from getting brown. I notice that when you buy a cake from a bakery.....it's never brown. Any ideas? Also does anyone know where I can find edible pearls? Or any ideas on what to decorate the sides of the cakes with to keep them from looking plain? I'm doing a 3 tier cake on the wilton...