Posts by fabray13

Delivering cakes totally stresses me to the point of not being able to catch my breath! I always say after, its a good stress! Lol probably not though! Yesterday I had to deliver my first all fondant wedding cake. I didnt even give the weight of it a thought...until i couldnt get it out of the refrigerator! And my arms are sore and i think i somehow managed to pull a muscle in my leg!
Yep thats correct!
Yes i have made them before without any problem. I actually just made a batch this past weekend that were beautiful! Thats why i cant figure out whatv the problem was =(
So i had an order for macarons today that was a complete failure. I made 7 batches and they were completely flat, lumpy, with lots of little air pockets. my question is, could it have been from the humidity? Or could it be the food coloring i was using? I had to cancel the order =( i am still learning, so any tips would be greatly appreciated!!
I have a12x12 red velvet cake in the oven right now and realized i forgot the baking soda =( !!!!!!!! Is it a total loss?
I have a12x12 red velvet cake in the oven right now and realized i forgot the baking soda =( !!!!!!!! Is it a total loss?
Id love to know too!!
A traditional italian cake has coconut in it and yes it is delicious!!!! Even people who "hate" coconut love this cake =) i think it would almost be like a pina colada with the pineapple!
4,6,8, and 10" square will yield about 100-108 servings. remember if the bride wants a larger looking cake, you can always do a dummy bottom tier. hth!
I would definitely not fill it with a cake ball. Whoever cuts into the cake will notice immediately and think the cake was not thoroughly cooked! I would put extra mousse and cover that up with the cake pieces.