Posts by paulstonia

Now, taking my recipes and trying to publish them as her own would tick me off.
momo4s, that's right, cake is cake, I don't care what you are celebrating it does not change how I make the cake.
That's what I do, just brush it with alcohol and it stays shiny.
I'd be interested in the info too. Thanks
I hate using a sifter, I have a large fine strainer that I use to sift. I always sift when making fondant, just makes it go faster with no lumps in my sugar. But I don't always when making buttercream, this is making me rethink that. And it does make you wonder what caused it.
Roll your fondant up on you rolling pin to put it over your cake, should help keep the fingerprints from picking it up out. Or us a mat and flip it over on the cake.
That cake serves 74 if you include the top tier. So that is just over $7 a serving. What are other bakers in your area charging? If your in line with most custom cakers in your area and you can get it great.
Oh no, the Wilton pans suck, I have the square set and they are NOT straight. Neither are my round set but they are not as bad as the square. The older wilton pans are, got some at a garage sale, but the ones I bought in the last few years, not straight. I have a set of square and round that I bought used that I'd rather use than Wilton. I recently had a wedding cake that needed a 16" tier. I only have that in wilton. Believe me, I remembered why I hate them. And yeah you...
I make spirals out of fondant. Cut strip and wrap them around a straw or skewers if you want them skinnier and just let them dry.
Where do you all buy your pearl dust? I bought unfinished pearls cause I couldn't find them in the color I needed and now I'm having trouble finding pearl dust. I need it in ivory. I found it on ebay but they want $16 to ship 9 grams. For each container I add the add an equal amount in shipping which I find ridiculous for something that weighs 3 grams. It will cost as much in shipping as it does for the product! Only other place I'm finding it is in the UK and I don't...