Posts by mamacc

[quote="shelly101"]Actually you were helpful because I've been wanting to see more detailed pictured of those stands and yours were great....you can really see how it's contstructed. It's just frustrating that those stands are so expensive, and you can't find those exact parts, ya know?? I've heard of people using toilet flanges...but those are so darn huge! And why don't they sell those curved pvc pieces anywhere!?!? I like building my own stands so I can customize...
The thing is, that if you go to home depot they don't have those plates with the threaded holes... I mean maybe you can get something similar but not those exact plates. As far as I know they also don't have that crooked pvc piece either. Maybe you can find these things online somewhere. I just built a huge dragon cake stand out of pvc so I've been dealing with this lately.... I used all pvc and metal flanges, 4 flanges screwed to the base and then 4 more flanges that...
Yup, it happens every so often. I just had so many isues doing my elmo cake this past weekend. It was like my 5th one, but things kept going wrong!! I was super clumsy to beging with. His rice krispie head was getting some cracks in the fondant, I guess b/c I didn't let it set enough. I airbrushed it a little too dark, I made his nose a little too big, I wished I had carved his body a little smaller....etc etc. Of course the client did love it even though I could see a...
I know...I'd love to learn more about building extreme stands. I do ok with pvc but I want to learn how to do other stuff....like Mary's firefly cake, how she attached the wire arms to her structure. And with pyrotechnics I am clueless!!
Or at least just tie it back. I can't stand my hair in my face when I'm trying to work!
This is great advice. Also, you'll probably want to use either a tip 0 or 00....or a parchment paper cone.
He called me today to check and see if I got the video in the mail, but I don't think they've made any definite decisions.
I freeze cheddar, mozzarella and hard cheeses all the time. They all are fine...the cheddar gets a little more crumbly but that's it. The hard cheeses we grate and freeze, then use right from the freezer.
hmmm...I wonder if my ratcheting pvc cutter would work too. I love that thing for pvc!!!
I don't usually freeze it but I do buy 6-8 at a time and it lasts quite a while...