Posts by MCook

WOW!! What a difference from Waco to Houston area!! With gas the way it is I'm sure EVERYTHING will soon be priced out of reach of the average person. Gas here is from $3.11-$3.24 ! WM powdered sugar and thier brand of shortening is still the same--so far!Glad they are just a block down the road from HEB.
I have bought gold ones off Ebay from C&C Candies but they haven't had any in a while now but there are still others for sale on Ebay.HEB didn't have gold, just the silver, multicolor and pearl plus colored sugars--some things I hadn't noticed before. I usually shop at Wal-Mart because they are cheaper on cake mix ($.88 for DH) and powdered sugar. Now DH mix is $.96 at Wally-World and $.89 at HEB !! I hate the layout of our HEB's but I guess I'll have to give in and go...
I had to run to work after posting this morning---I am in Waco.
I found them on the cake mix aisle down by the spices in one store and past the small decorative icing/cupcake papers, in another store. I'm in the Waco, Texas area.
I live in central Texas and I found silver and multicolored dragees at HEB!The company on the label is India Tree and here is the website posted on the bottle : http://www.indiatree.com/products/decorative/dragees.htmlI thought these were "outlawed" in grocery stores??
Craft stores usually only carry Wilton products. Probably, only a cake supply store will carry these. Is there one in your town??
I,too, bake and freeze my cakes but I don't use foil. I just wrap them in multiple layers of Sam's clear wrap and then straight to the freezer.Could the condensation from the foil be leaking through your clear wrap and down to the cake?
I'm glad to know that someone else bakes and freezes their cakes,too. So many bakers advertise "baked fresh, never frozen", but I've frozen mine since day one and no one has ever been able to tell the difference and not one complaint. Sounds like you DO have a small army that helps--great family. My DH helps me deliver and set up when he can, couldn't have done this last cake without him. He had to set up the top tier because I'm 'height challenged" and didn't trust myself...
7?? OMG!!! I only had one--if you are a "home baker", how in the world can you handle seven wedding cakes?? Your kitchen must be the size of a ballroom ! Did you do the groom's cakes too???My hat's off to you.Another question---- how to deliver SEVEN cakes. I assume some weddings were Friday night and some today(Saturday) ?? But still, didn't some of the times overlap?? Do you have a small army of delivery trucks? LOL!Amazing....I still stress over one. I've never...
Have you ever gone to one of these shows as a "spectator"? I would ask around for information from other local vendors such as other bakers, wedding dress shops, tuxedo rental shops, caterers, florists, etc. and get there take on it. Did they get any new business, book any orders, are they going to enter again for this show....The shows in my town get a huge response and the ads are only in the paper and a monthly magazine handed out at local stores about two months before...