Posts by MCook

I tried doing searches but got everything but what I need.What do you all use to secure the two ends of fabric ribbon at the back of each cake tier? Toothpicks, a dab of BC...????I have 2" ribbon that is to go around 4 round tiers--never used real ribbon before, only fondant. Will the oil in the BC come through? I plan to put the ribbon on last at the reception site.Thanks,
KHalstead, that is soooo cool. I can see myself spending DAYS on my computer playing with pics of my grandkids!!!Adding to my list of sites to try out!!!Thanks.
I'll certainly check these out since they are working for you all. ...and next time (I hope there's not one) I'll write down all my programs before taking my computer to the shop!Thanks for your replies.
Recently had to have my computer worked on and they dumped the program I used for resizing photos for uploading to CakeCentral. I got the name of the program from here a long time ago but can't remember the name of it. It would resize the image by pixel or inches and also let you put text across the photo, such as your bakery name.Seems as if the word "fire" was in the name.... something fire or fire somehting : (If you are using or know what program this is, please email...
Put hot melted chocolate in your hand???! Hmmm...I'll try just about anything at this point. Are you using Almond bark squares? I get the best results from that. I tried "extending" my bark with choc.chips but that was a disaster because it didn't set hard enough and the chocolate would come off on your fingers when picked up.I've been using a tool I got from Wilton---little 2-tined fork on one end and a circle on the other. I found the fork end works best. Also, what...
OK, maybe I should have worded this topic better. I've seen the thread on here about cupcakes that has been going on a long while with tons of information---that's what I meant to try to get started about cake balls. A serious discussion on the "how to's". I've been making them for over a year now with success--mostly family and friends. Recently a company has opened up in the Dallas area--The Cake Ball Company and it has taken off like crazy. I know cake balls aren't new...
I need everyones tips/helpful hints/ "not to's" about cake balls. I have made some and they were a hit but there must be easier & faster ways of dipping them. I may have a huge order in the future--could be a couple of hundred--so I need some help on how to dip this many. Has anyone come up with an assembly line of sorts?? Any kind of "dipping machine". I tried putting a few on a cooling rack and pouring on,,,,but that was a gosh awful mess.Also hints on packaging and...
Again, why is HE asking for money back when SHE paid for the cake?? I think I would tactfully point this out and/or remind him who's card was used. Maybe he's trying to get back some of his money out of this deal since the bride seems to have walked out. I doubt he got the ring back,so money from you for the cakes could be a another way to get back at her. Maybe I'm being too suspicious, but it all sounds a little strange. They don't really deserve any refund if your...
Thanks!! I will pass these on and hopefully she will choose a real baker for her cake!
Hellooooo???? Please save my cousin from a Tom Thumb cake!