Posts by chelleb1974

Thanks Everyone!   I didn't think about the sun.  It's going to be in a cardboard box, but it could still get warm if it's in the sun.  I'll find a not-too-warm place in the house to put it when I get to where I'm headed on Saturday.   ~Chelle
Hi Everyone,   I haven't posted in a while, but I have come upon a situation that I haven't been in before.  I have a wedding cake that is for Sunday morning (March 9th), and due to my schedule, the cake will be done tonight (Friday March 7th).  I am heading off tomorrow and have to take the cake with me (I won't be stopping back home before delivering it on Sunday).  I was planning to leave it in the car most of the day on Saturday (predicted high of 42 F) and in the...
I have a two tiered Backyardigans cake I did for my cousin's daughter on my website (link in my signature). I used the round Wilton seperator balls and made the characters on those. I believe it was Paco that I did for the top, but you could do whichever one is her favorite. Edited to add: The rest of the cake was decorated to match the plates and napkins.~Chelle
I had a similar experience a little while ago, and had never had trouble before. It ended up being that my kitchen was too hot. I kneaded in some CMC (Tylose) into the Satin Ice and it was much better. If you don't have tylose, you could also try kneading in some GumTex.Good luck!Chelle
Once I felt I had a handle on small stacked cakes, I started doing bigger stacked cakes for family parties, functions, etc... that I was invited too. I didn't tell anyone I was bringing cake, I just made it and brought it. No one turns down free cake, lol. Once I did a few of them, I knew I could handle a wedding cake no problem. I only do them for friends and family, and have done two wedding cakes to date. There will be a few more coming up in the next few years...
What Rae said!Happens to me every time, so I use smaller bags and have no problem. ~Chelle
I have the 20" one also, have had it for quite a few years (I have one of the first ones that were sold). I love it, and wouldn't give it up for anything! Like a PP said, however, keep your fingers out of the way of the blade. The blade cuts VERY well, especially skin! I know of two people that have had 'run-ins' with their Agbay's. One got her leg knicked in about three places when her's fell off the counter, the other cut her finger from the tip almost to the bone...
Unless you live in a warm or humid climate, the buttercream should not melt off the cake. I, personally, would use royal icing. It's not that difficult to make, there is a recipe on Wilton's website that I have used with great success.~Chelle
Sounds like your royal icing is too thin. If it is too thin, it will sink after flooding. Thinning with water can also cause this. I mix up a mixture of "meringue water" to use to thin my royal icing. It's 5T warm water to 1T meringue powder. Mix it up (I shake it in a small container) and let it sit for a few hours (overnight is better). Skim off the foam and use what's left to thin your royal to flooding consistency.As for the air bubbles. Make your royal and thin...
Sounds like your royal icing is too thin. If it is too thin, it will sink after flooding. Thinning with water can also cause this. I mix up a mixture of "meringue water" to use to thin my royal icing. It's 5T warm water to 1T meringue powder. Mix it up (I shake it in a small container) and let it sit for a few hours (overnight is better). Skim off the foam and use what's left to thin your royal to flooding consistency.As for the air bubbles. Make your royal and thin...