Posts by this-mama-rocks

I use solid-color bedsheets. I tape them up onto my wall cabinets and let the excess drape onto the countertop.
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=574533
"I'm sorry, it's just not possible for me to do that."Followed by:"It sounds like you need the time to find another baker who works at a different price point. I understand, and I do wish you the best of luck."
Finish school and become a teacher. Then, down the road, when you meet Prince Charming and start having babies, you can do cakes (hopefully from your home, LEGALLY). It's not easy to make cakes with babies/toddlers at home, but it's a lot easier than putting them in daycare all day while you are teaching.
This is where you say "I'm sorry, but it's just not possible to do that."The only way you can provide dessert for 200 ravenous teenagers for $150 is to get four of those 10-lb chocolate bars and hack 'em up.(the chocolate bars, NOT the teenagers)
Like, this one time?? At band camp??
Paxil!!!
what she said!
Yes, I'm late to this thread, but I can vouch for costumeczar's comments on the bridal show cake samples. I had a stomach ache most of that afternoon, probably from some icky canned Pillsbury "frosting" / spackle. YES, I posted on craigslist. Once. DH had this brilliant idea that it would drum up some quality leads, so I humored him. I showed him the "quality leads" and their brilliant questions/"ideas"/expectations/"budgets".That shut him up quick.
If this cake is for an adult, you could do the gift box from his "D!ck In A Box" parody video.....