Posts by this-mama-rocks

So, we're not supposed to comment on photos now??
OK, maybe this will be helpful lol •1/2 cup milk (1/2 cup is more than 1/4 cup but less than 1 cup)3 packs gelatin (6 tsp – for reference in case you wanted to 1/2 the recipe) (USE 6 TSP OF GELATIN, NOT 12, 6!!!!!! 6 TSP!! 6!!!!!!!!!)1 cup corn syrup (1 whole cup)3 Tbsp butter, unsalted (3 Tablespoons of unsalted butter)3 Tbsp glycerin (3 Tablespoons of glycerin)2 tsp vanilla (sometimes I use more) (2 teaspoons of vanilla)dash salt (a dash of salt, not much, just a...
Well yes, the original recipe HAS the correct directions, so....yay!
That's not at all what I understood it to say, but it seems to be confusing for you. Better luck next time, I guess!
Sales Tax and Use tax are simultaneous taxes. If you buy a taxable thingamajig (or taxable ingredients) and the vendor doesn't charge you sales tax on the transaction, you accrue and remit use tax. In the wedding cake example, you should be charging the bride the appropriate sales tax. It's not enforcable to collect use tax from individuals, but it is enforcable to collect the sales tax from the seller. So in that instance, yes, if the wedding cake sale is taxable in...
"If your state exempts you from sales tax when customers buy your products, it's very highly likely that you are liable for use tax. Your state government wouldn't be able to track down all the brides who bought your wedding cakes to get sales tax from them, but they are able to track down YOU, the business entity, to get the use tax from you. "You (meaning "your business") sell a cake, and in your state, you do NOT have to charge sales tax when you sell the cake to the...
I forgot to mention, if you are liable for use tax, you also have to accrue and pay any local sales/use taxes that an in-state vendor didn't charge you.For example:You are located in an area with state, county, and local jurisdiction sales/use taxes. You buy equipment from a vendor who is located in your state. The vendor is located in an area with state sales/use taxes, but no county or local jurisdiction sales/use taxes. You will need to accrue and pay the county and...
If your state exempts you from sales tax when customers buy your products, it's very highly likely that you are liable for use tax.Your state government wouldn't be able to track down all the brides who bought your wedding cakes to get sales tax from them, but they are able to track down YOU, the business entity, to get the use tax from you. Usually, it's not paying the employment taxes that will get a business shut down. But yes, not remitting any taxes that your...
Even if your state does not require you to charge sales tax on the final product, rest assured you will be liable for the use tax on all purchases. A cash-strapped state government is NOT going to let the entire business model be exempt from the sales/use tax.