Posts by zina

Wow! beautiful cakes. Thanks for sharing the site.
Does any one know how to make a tiny braided rug out of either fondant or gumpaste? I along with a few friends are going to enter a Gingerbread contest and inside the house we want to put a tiny braided rug in front of the fireplace. Can anyone help with ideas. I'd really appreciate it.Thanks, Z
Wow! You did an awesome job. All of your work is great. What Collette Peters' book is this cake in?
Hi Briansbaker would you share directions/instructions for your DB cake with me as well. It would be greatly appreciated.Thanks, Zina Bcakeloverz@hotmail.com
I would like to know if anyone else has purchased the new Toba Garrett book titled Professional Cake Decorating. If you have what do you think about it? I have it and it seems to be more a lesson plan with "end of lesson reviews" and "performance tests" at the end of each lesson. Don't get me wrong I'm not unhappy with my purchase, I think I just wanted a little bit more. What do you think? I value everyone of your opinions here.P.S. I don't post often because I find...
Yippee! my turn now but guess what, almost everything I have been turned on to has been mentioned already and that's ok because I too am so grateful for all the hints and suggestion's and I can't leave out the recipes that are here. I am soooooo addicted to CC and I know I'll never be able to stop and I don't want to. I just want to thank everyone for sharing with people like me (a cake decorating newbie)all that you know and more. There are however a couple of things I...
Boonenati you are AWESOME! Thank you so much for sharing your instructions. I am going to try and make a couple of the cakes listed really soon. I also am waiting for confirmation on whether or not I can join the group. I really hope so. Question.. will you be sharing other cake instructions as well. Not that this is not enough because it certainly is, but this was just a question. Again thanks for sharing.Zina B
Hi all. I've only gotten one order for a cheesecake so far and unfortunately I had to turn the customer down because I have never made a cheesecake before. Fortunately for me there is a lady here in Virginia that has retired from making cheesecakes and cheesecake truffles and she is offering classes on how to make them. I took the cheesecake truffle class last year and now I am looking forward to making the cheesecakes. She will also be offering a class on cheesecakes for...
Hi all. Here in the Fredericksburg, VA Michaels where I shop, if you don't have a coupon they will still honor the discount but they usually want your signature and the reason you don't have a coupon. They will even honor the discount if you've forgotten to bring your coupon which is a big help.
If you like chocolate cake then you may want to try the Darn Good Chocolate Cake. I think it's fantastic.