Posts by Pyxxydust

Hey there!it should be fine - I don't know the exact shelf life but I think it's pretty long. It may have hardened, so you may have to stick it in the microwave a few seconds to make it more pliable, and then rub in some Crisco if you need to.Hope that helps!
Wow, all those ideas are soooo waaayyy cool! But if you didn’t want to depict any particular famous band, maybe you do something that just represents rock and roll? We know Duff is in a rock band and just LOVES rock. Although this is something I’ve wanted to do for a long time, I don’t think I’ll ever have a chance to do it for anyone, so maybe you could use the idea! How about doing a leather jacket cake? I did a small one for my aunt last year – check my photos –...
Hi! I use MMF all the time and just use regular water to attach pieces to each other. but if you're attaching it to a doll or something that's not MMF, then you would need something stronger. MMF is great to work. It doesn't really dry hard, but it works like regular fondant.
I've carved a few cakes, and I always carve before I fill. I make sure the cake itself is frozen solid first. Once I've done all my carving, then I'll split and add in the filling. You can stick toothpicks in the side so you know what matches up to what when you put it back together. I guess it would depend on the shape to see if you would make a mess, but I think it would be okay. you don't want a thick layer of filling anyway because that can cause the top layer to...
Hey guys! I've been using MMF for over a year now, and recently discovered the Alternative Marshmallow Fondant recipe here on CC - I'm not sure which post you're referring to, since I did respond to a similar inquiry the other day, so I apologize if I'm repeating myself to you! But basically, this recipe has you melt in 1/3 cup of crisco right in with the marshmallows, and I found that the MMF was MUCH easier to work with! More elastic and easier to roll, and had a...
CrazeeDuck - thank you for your kind words! I love your screen name! Ha ha. You've made my day! Thank you! Let me know if you need any other help for anything!
Yes, with fondant - the buttercream can't be too thick because the fondant will look lumpy and slide too much, but it can't be too thin either because it will show every little crumb underneath. You sort of have to practice to get a feel for the right thickness of buttercream. Not as thick as you would do it if it it were just buttercream but definitely more than a crumb coat. I always smooth the buttercream out with my knife or scraper to make it as smooth as possible....
Definitely – I’ve done this a few times! After melting the marshmallows, add in a square of unsweetened chocolate (I melt it first before adding it). Stir that in, and it will give your fondant a brown color. Then add in your black color and stir and add more until you get it as dark as you like. Everyone is right about the Americolor Superblack! Using the chocolate to make it brown first means you have to add a lot less black color to make it dark, and the chocolate...
I’ve been using MMF for about a year and a half now. Most recently, I tried the recipe on CC, I think it’s called Alternative MMF recipe, and it’s just like she said above – you melt Crisco with the marshmallows! It works wonderfully well! It has better body and more elasticity, and I didn’t have to knead it as much to get it to the right consistency. And it seems to store well – I made it in June for a wedding cake and had a whole bunch left over, so I used some for a...
I just did a ladybug cake last week and had soooo much fun doing it! I have two boys and I never get a chance to do girly cakes! Anyway, it was for a grown up so I had to be careful not to make it too girly girl. I did mine in fondant - feel free to check my pics since it was too big to attach here - but like the others said - I got a lot of ideas and inspiration from this site! Let me know if you need any help at all! I love ladybugs - it's so much fun doing a...