Posts by Bayamoy

Has anyone seen this teardrop embellishment mold or know of a similar one? Or do you think it's handmade?[img]https://s-media-cache-ec6.pinimg.com/upload/212091463671362539_28geZML4_222.jpg[/img]
Thanks!
Thanks!
Someone, PLEASE, explain to me how those lids on the treasure chests and package cakes stay up and don't slide off. It drives me bonkers!!PLEASE!!!Magda
I spilled black dusting powder onto dry lilac sugarpaste. It looks terrible! I'll have to redo the whole thing!!!! Is there a way to remove it? Anyone? Please?
I use Debbie Browns madeira cake often. I use real butter and it is still a little dry. But I use a lot of buttercream on it and that helps. It is just the BEST cake for carving, so I keep using it. I found that it should be wrapped in greaseproof paper or clingwrap as soon as it has cooled down enough and that improves the moisture. For regular round cakes I use box cakes and it has surprised me time and again by how moist it can be.
If you're applying fabric ribbon to fondant, slightly dampen the whole length of ribbon and it will stick to the fondant. Make a small slit in the cake just the width of the ribbon and push the ends into the slit in the cake. Good luck with the cake!Mx
Thanks girls, now I don't feel such a dud! I'll try the water, and make sure of the flour and butter next time!
Tried the no fail recipe - I'm the only person who failed! The dough does not want to come together! What have I done wrong? I measured carefully! Could it be the sugar - I used caster sugar? Can I rescue this batch?
Oooh! I see. Thanks.