Posts by puddles_gal

I would just email the client and tell them what happened, and I wouldn't offer a discount.
Thanks everyone! I'm glad it worked out too!
I heard back from my bro last night, and boy was I shocked! He was totally fine with it and said he understands, and no tantrum followed! Now I can only hope that everyone else in the family will follow suit! Lol. Thank you so much to everyone on here who offered your advice and suggestions- I greatly appreciated the feedback!
Ok everyone, my brother texted me today asking about the cake, so this is what I texted back: "I've given this a lot of thought, and I have decided that I am not going to be baking for family members/ close friends anymore, unless I offer to do so. It's nothing personal at all against you or the boys or anyone- I used to get excited to make cakes for everyone, as it was a great way to practice new skills and learn new things as I went along, but now it just seems that it's...
Wow! Thank you so much for all of your responses! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that has to deal with this issue. I think I am going to let everyone know that I am not going to be baking for family anymore unless they want to pay full price, or unless I offer to do so. They have completely taken the fun out of it and for some reason fail to acknowledge the time, money, and effort involved. I'm tired of feeling the pressure from my mom and my brother and I plan on...
I agree!
I can't afford to make the cakes, plus be expected to spend $80 on gifts!
Oh, I've had my mother request cupcakes for her workplace before and when I told her she had to pay, she replied " but I'm your mother!". I told her to go to our local grocery store and ask for cupcakes but tell them she wants them for free and see how far she gets. She still didn't get my point! Everyone feels like they are entitled to my cakes because "he's your only brother" and " they're your only nephews" etc etc. They don't even leave room for me to offer, so when...
My family is really starting to drive me nuts when it comes to cake! It's become an expectation now that I bake all the birthday cakes in my family, free of charge. When I put my foot down last year and said that I would donate my time but they can pay for the ingredients, they did in fact pay for the ingredients, but still were hesitant in handing over the money, even though I offered to provide them with a detailed list of all my ingredients and the cost of each. Last...
Thank you everyone! I think what I'm going to do is dip the ends of the twigs in chocolate, let that dry,mand then insert them into straws that are in the cake. I'm hoping that works!