Posts by CakeDiane

I had the same problem when I tried to use pretty cupcake liners --I don't remember what brand they were but they were kind of thick and waxy and brightly colored. They looked great when they came out of the oven, but as they cooled, the wrappers came away from the cupcake so I've been afraid to use them again. Do you think it would make a difference as to HOW the cupcakes were cooled? i.e. immediately putting them on a cooling rack vs. letting them cool right in the...
I tried to resist...I really did...but it's just too cool! Plus my birthday's coming up--I ordered mine this morning--Happy Birthday to me!!
I've always used store-bought RKT too because I read on a post here at CC a long time ago that said they were easier to work with than homemade. They've always worked beautifullyAlso I usually use piping gel to stick the fondant on, but if I think the surface is going to end up being too bumpy, I put a layer of icing on first--either buttercream or royal
Gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing that technique--VERY cool!!
Congratulations!!!
SO cool!!! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks SO much for sharing the instructions for these!!! Can't wait to try them!
I was watching an episode of that new show Fabulous Cakes, and I was SO happy to see that they were actually telling the pricing of each cake -- there was a huge alligator for $2500 and a huge terra cotta urn with sugar flowers/vegetables for $4000. Wish more shows would do that!!
You don't need ANY water--some people use it, but I was taught that you don't need it, so I don't use it...
Thanks for all the freezing tips everyone--I'll have to give it a try. What's the longest amount of time you would let it sit in the freezer before using? Is it days? weeks? longer?