Posts by eatsleepdreamcake

So easy!! Just use your eclair tip, fill the pastry bag with filling, stick the tip right in the middle of the cupcake, squeeze the bag as you pull the tip back out slowly. The hole will be covered by the icing and you're left with a delicious surprise in your cupcake!!
here's a couple places i found that have individual cupcake boxes. the clear plastic one seems most like what you might be looking for. hope this helps!http://www.plasticcontainercity.com/Cupcake-Containers-Muffins.htm?gclid=CPaAkI3GgJoCFQJN5QodGyKmFQhttp://www.brpboxshop.com/bakery_boxes/cupcake_boxes.html
Is there a way to make ivy leaves out of buttercream? If anyone has any tips, or pictures to share I would really appreciate it! I have the cutter to make them out of fondant or gumpaste, but I thought it might be easier to just pipe them. TIA for any help!
Thanks for all the input ladies! Sorry about the duplicate thread, I hit the stop button because I wanted to add something, didn't realize it already loaded. Anyway, I think I'll give her the 60% rule and the other advise and let her dicide. You guys are great!
Ok, I have a bride who wants a cupcake tree for her reception. She's thinking her guest list will be about 300. Fortunately for me, she realizes that she doesn't actually need to have 300 cupcakes! I seem to remember in another thread someone, possibly indydebi, giving a rule of thumb for how many servings of cake to provide in relation to how many invites go out. If anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it! She's thinking 150-200 cupcakes but wants my help...
Ok, I have a bride who wants a cupcake tree for her reception. She's thinking her guest list will be about 300. Fortunately for me, she realizes that she doesn't actually need to have 300 cupcakes! I seem to remember in another thread someone, possibly indydebi, giving a rule of thumb for how many servings of cake to provide in relation to how many invites go out. If anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it! She's thinking 150-200 cupcakes but wants my help...
Hi,I think your first doll looks really good! When I make a doll cake, I use a crusting buttercream and smooth with a paper towel. Maybe someone else could help with finding a link to more info on the "paper towel" method. As for the bodice, I found it way easier to just use fondant. You can mold it onto her body much easier and cut straps or sleeves or whatever you want.
Let me just say, I really like your cake! I think the colors are nice, the leaves are well done and the whole thing looks really professional. For the sake of argument, though, maybe you misunderstood your friend. When you clarified and said her words were that you "did a pretty good job considering what an ugly cake it was", it sounded like maybe she meant you did a good job with a design that she thinks is ugly. Meaning that she was really insulting the original...
I've been using DH mix with a box of pudding added plus a little extra water and one extra egg. It worked just fine for cakes but my cupcakes were sinking. Here's what I found out. The batter that sat in the bowl while the first batch was baking didn't sink as much when I got around to baking it. So, the next time I made cupcakes, after I filled the pan, I just let the whole thing sit for about 15-20 min. before I baked them. It helped, they still fell a little but...
Just a thought, maybe you could try making it out of white ri and spraying it black with that wilton spray color.