Posts by southaustingirl

For those of you that have Garden Ridge stores in your area, have you noticed changes in the items being stocked? Here in Austin, it seems like the Garden Ridge has turned into a bigger version of a dollar store! They are selling discounted books, scrubs, purses and other clothing. They have done away with lots of other items like party supplies and craft supplies. Just wondering if this is a Texas thing.
I just had to find out for myself.........and it can't be done.
"About Wilton Brands Inc.Wilton Brands Inc., based in Woodridge, Illinois, has united multiple creative consumer products companies to produce a market leader with a strategic focus on product innovation and quality. Wilton’s product portfolio includes food crafting, scrapbooking, and other craft products. Wilton has the number one position in cake decorating, bakeware and tea kettles. It offers the industry´s most comprehensive and innovative selection of baking, cake...
I am facing the same situation....where to meet clients when renting kitchen space. The space that I am goint to rent is located in a part of town that has been traditionally known as "high crime" so I am not sure if clients would want to meet there or not. The area is improving but old stereotpyes die hard. I guess it would all depend on the kitchen you are renting....is there space to meet clients? Is the kitchen easy to find? It is my understanding that all baking and...
I started to tort my cake layers and discovered that the centers were under baked. Can I put the torted layers back in the oven? If so, what temp? And for how long?
I'm guessing that I spent around $1500 for my wedding (approx 80-100 guests). I must be the ultimate budget bride!!My dad bought my dress, I used my mom's rings (hubby got a new ring for around $250.00), made all the bouquets and centerpieces myself, in-laws gave us $250 for the reception food (finger food and punch), $100 for the cake (made by a lady from church), etc............but don't ask what we spent on the honeymoon!!!!
This sounds like a good idea....having a 'pre designed' cake for brides to choose from might make it easier to work with someone that can't decide what they want.
I have tried several times to post this article.Anyway, lady in NJ is baking/selling cakes to make her hosue paymentWant one? They're available here: http://www.maccakes.com/The article is on MSN.com
Has this article already been posted? New Jersey woman bakes to make mortgage payment, tastes success beyond expectationsIn a time of crisis, Angela Logan turned to her kitchen. Faced with a July 26 payment of $2,559.54 to her mortgage lender, Logan decided to sell 100 homemade "mortgage apple cakes" to friends and family for $40 each to help avoid foreclosure. They must be pretty darn good: What started last week as 42 orders for the double-layered cakes (covered in...
Don't feel bad.....the older I get, the more I get confused about EVERYTHING.