Posts by valerieInga

[[SPOILER]] i used to make what was called a decorators icing, almost same as buttercream but you use Crisco or high ratio shortening, 2 lbs icing sugar , 1 cup Crisco, 1/2 cup milk and 1 tsp vanilla. Beat till smooth but not too high a speed or it will get bubbles in it. It stands up well to make flowers and borders but is quite sweet, so I use Swiss meringue now. Hope this can help you. Hard to find something when he doesn't like any icing. If its just to ice and...
I order stuff from the States and have those cutters but can't remember exactly who from. Have ordered from Global sugar art, country kitchen sweet art, sweet celebrations (now called kitchen Kraft's) and from Canada Hilda's Kitchen in Mississauga. Hope it helps.
I've made seashells out of white chocolate in a mold then dusted them in luster dusts using a small paintbrush. You can use whatever color you want, and match their colors or to look realistic.
My situation is similar to Norasmom, I am a hobby baker and do cakes for family for free. I work full time and do cakes for friends and coworkers for the cost of ingredients. This way I get my hobby paid for. And everyone raves about the cakes and makes me feel very appreciated.
My situation is similar to Norasmom, I am a hobby baker and do cakes for family for free. I work full time and do cakes for friends and coworkers for the cost of ingredients. This way I get my hobby paid for. And everyone raves about the cakes and makes me feel very appreciated.
Anyone? Hasn't anyone tried their own? I would really like to be able to use something other than bought,
I was wondering if people make their own sheets and what they use, as well as what settings you find work best. I just got the cake Cricut and would like to make my own, Michael's only has the Wilton sheets and even they didn't work very well. Thanks for any help you can give.
Can anyone tell me how to attach cupcakes to make a bouquet, without them falling off? Thanks for any help.
I'm also in Canada, Winnipeg. So far I just bake for family and friends/coworkers. I only charge for ingredients and if they give me something more, great. I haven't posted any pics for a while, but I do make sculpted cakes and gumpaste flowers. I still get people saying "You could get at least $40 for this" when that is how much the ingredients cost, and my time has been at least 8 hours, with baking, decorating and cleanup. People really have no idea. Still hear...