Posts by gia2088

Aloha,I am getting ready to start my cookie business in Hawaii. I have everything done and ready to go except, I can't think of a business name to save my life. My name is Angie and I live on the Northshore of Oahu. I will not have a storefront so I'm staying away from bakery and shop. This is what I have come up with, North Shore Cookies/Confections or Nohea Cookies/Confections. Any ideas would be greatly appreciatied.Mahalo,Angie
Thanks for your responses. I think Treats You Good, sounds much better also. I make cakes, cupcakes, cookies, and gift baskets. I'm also toying w/ Sweet Baking Company or Sugar Baking Company. It just seems like everthing that I come up w/ is already being used by another bakery.
I'm in the process of starting my business and having a really hard time w/ the name. I was thinking about Sweet Treats by Angie, and have recently come across another business in the area w/ the name Sweet Treats Buffet. Do you think this is too close? I'm also considering a play on words, something like "Treats Me Good". I will be renting a kitchen and will not have a storefront, so I'm trying to stay away from the words bakery and shop. Any imput would be grately...
Does anyone know where I could purchase fondant (not Wilton) on Oahu??
i've been using a large disposable piping bag, and just cutting the tip off. just cut higher up if you want a bigger swirl. really easy and hardly any clean up.
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm w/ u Jamie, I've been eating small chunks of hamburger w/ salt since I was a lil' girl w/ my dad and grandmother
This is the recipe I use for my raspberry filling, will this need to be refridgerated? And, the cake will be covered in fondant.1 pkg (16 ounces) frozen raspberries packed in sugar thawed 1/3 cup granulated sugar 3 tablespoons cornstarch 1 teaspoon lemon juiceTIA,Angie
This is the recipe I use for my raspberry filling, will this need to be refridgerated?1 pkg (16 ounces) frozen raspberries packed in sugar thawed 1/3 cup granulated sugar 3 tablespoons cornstarch 1 teaspoon lemon juice
thanks for your help, will i be able to refridgerate the cake w/ the fondant sides and gumpaste bottle on top?