Posts by lynda-bob

lol I want to see the pics, too! I love my doxie, but I swear it's like having a toddler again, only w/ super jumping capabilities!
HOLY COW! I'm in love w/ Mamawrobin and Indydebi! I finally got it to work! I added a teeny bit more warm milk than the half cup. It was smooth and came out almost perfect w/o a crumbcoat even! Thank you Thank you Thank you, Ladies! p.s. I'm going to try a batch each w/ the cremora and the half-n-half!
I need serious HELP!! I am making a switch in recipes because I'm in TX and the humidity along w/ no trans-fat shortening is killing me. I made some of Indydebi's icing and while the taste is ok to me, I cannot get it to smooth perfectly like my old buttercream used to. (Please don't go by any of my photos; I don't have any recent ones up.) What am I doing wrong? I've followed all the tips I've seen on this thread, as well as another about the IBC (Indydebi BC)...
I don't know what the recipe you have is, but I use both sour cream and instant pudding in my doctored cake mix cakes. If you have the pudding, I'd bet that'd help w/ moisture. Sorry I can't be of more help; Hope all turns out ok.
Thanks, all. I do feel like I might have been scammed because I did ask for the left over cake. She said there was none left. I said that she could bring me any piece that someone didn't eat, because if she felt it was "raw", I wouldn't be letting anyone eat it. In the same breath, I told her she should feel SURE that no one was going to get sick because I KNOW it was done. I have scraps that we're eating at home. She said Her uncle bakes cakes, and he says it's raw....
I KNOW for a fact my cake was baked thru. I always test and retest before taking it out of the oven and even ate the scraps of a 12 in that I carved down to a 10". But the people I baked for called to complain it was raw. I am refunding their money and told them I'm 100% sure it was done, but that I freeze the cakes before decrating to ensure a moist cake. The texture is Different than a regulare cake. I feel defeated and confused. Do you ever have a problem w/...
thanks for the link to the WASC version. I'm gonna try this one.
Thanks for all your help. Your cakes all look wonderful, btw. I'll check these things out thru the Global Sugar Art...
I'm looking for a good red velvet recipe, as well. Could someone direct me to the WASC version? Is it here on CC? TIA
I'm not talking about luster dusts or cake sparkles (like the flakes of gelatin stuff). I keep seeing cake competitions on Food Network and they are using glitter that looks soooo real to me. Does anyone know what this is? Where do we get it? What's it made from? HELP!