Posts by rosequeen

Wow, it sounds like you girls had a blast! I've never been but all this talk makes me want to go!
I wanted to get into the ICES but I couldn't find anything in the NJ area. It seems that cake decorating is huge around Texas but there's not much going on here on the east coast....at least that I saw...maybe I just need to look a little harder.
Well.....it worked but it didn't work. I was able to get the cake in the shape of the cookie but it was very hard to get the fondant onto the cake because of the way it folds in the middle section.
Wow! When I asked for advice I never expected anything like that! You're awesome. Thank you so much. I never thought of using wonder molds. I'm practicing today so I'll let you know how it works out.Thanks again!!!
I will soon be finishing up my last wilton course and I would really like to continue learning the craft but I have no idea where to go from here. I live in NJ and I'm married so enrolling in an out of state culinary school is out of the question. There is so much more that I want to learn but I don't know where to go. Does anyone know of a school in NJ or eastern PA that would worth looking into?
I need to make a cake in the shape of a fortune cookie and I need help figuring out how to accomplish this. All I know is that it will be covered in fondant and possibly carved out of a 2 or 3 layer 8 inch round cake. Is this even possible? Any suggestions would be great.Thanks!
About a month ago my wilton instructor taught a buttercream transfer class and she recommended using the wilton black instead of making your own. She said she uses it all the time. My friend and I used it that day as well and neither of us had a problem.