Posts by Ursula40

Quite honestly, if no mention was made in the correspondence or the contract of RED roses, then you have nothing to apologise for. The picture the bride sent you was of pink roses, you delivered pink roses. If on the other hand she specifically told you, that she wanted red roses instead of pink, then you can apologise. Go and look through your correspondence and your contract. She must have read and signed off on the contract
First thing is, how many servings. The larger the cake, the more you can do, but that also means more time needed, starting from mixing and baking Stained glass windows can be made from melted candies for one, or coloured  isomalt Gingerbread for the towers, but you need to start calculating the size to get it proportionate to the main cake   You could make everything from cake as most of the church is either rectangular or square, steeples rice crispies, could...
How much experience do you have?
Check Edna de la Cruz utube channel or website. She's got a from scratch strawberry cake on it, which i think you could probably just substitute reapberries for. The Strawberry cake is really good and I love the fact, that it is from scratch and really tastes like strawberries. Not pink, because the strawberries weren't really red, but the taste is awesome. Raspberries tend to have a lot of colour, so you'll probably end up with a really red cake
These are the same ingredients as for cooked frosting, just make sure the roux and the butter are room temperature before combining. Google cooked frosting, it's easy and tastes really nice
Just bake the 9x13 and make the records out of gumpaste and dry well, you could use a real record to lightly impress it to get the rings, if you want to elevate it, add another round of fondant under it, before adding the dried record. The record won't be eaten, as it will be dried and hard. Impressing it is fast and would look more real.   I would not cover the cake with black fondant, rather with dark grey, the records are black     You can premake the...
Just like the clothes are made here, but I cannot buy the sizes I need here. They are for export and if something "falls off" the back of a truck, they only fall off in the sizes that fit the chinese, not the Europeans. I buy the tools outside of China. Some companies won't even ship to China anymore, because things don't arrive, so I have to get them whilst outside of China and lug them back. I used to order from GSA, but a couple of years back, they stoped shipping to...
Charge for the tasting, and offput the price from the actual cake, when she books. I really don't understand the free tastings part, why should we bakers offer free cakes to "potential" customers, of all the hunderds of brides getting married, what happens, if 30 parties taste and only 2 book? As I understand it, most of them come with at least another person, if not three or four, that's money and TIME out of my pocket, no problem if they really book, but I could not...
What would you need them for? I never buy cakes, but also do not remember where I have ever seen them before
non cake or non cookie people sometimes lack the imagination