Posts by keonicakes

Does anyone know what I need to do or don't need to do to sell cakes out of my home in Arkansas without getting myself in trouble? Thanks for the info.
hi all! Can you please give me some pointers? I'm making a wedding cake (pg. 60 in the Wilton wedding dream cakes book. It's called blossoms of love.) It says to use the side of my 16' cake pan as my work surface, mark the sides into 12 sections. I've never done swags like this before and I'm not haveing luck with this. Please help if you can. Thank you so much!amy.javascript:emoticon('')
Dear Discouraged....I had that same problem when I first started out. What I did was look through books and picked cakes that would challenge me and build on my skill level. What I did with them and still do quite often is take them to local businesses in my town such as my bank, my doctors office, etc. They all know me as the cake girl (they named me that) and you would not believe all the orders I have gotten just from that! I like to take stuff in on Mondays because...