Posts by keonicakes

Actually, your replies are brilliant! I thought I did something that made me feel the need to go hide under a rock! lol.I guess as long as it's not for someone who is paying for and expecting comletely homemade, it's really not that bad. I have to say that only the icing was eaten off the cuppies. Thank God that's the part I made.
I confess.... I was so busy with company and making the carousel cake for my daughter's 1st bday last weekend that I ran short of time and did the un-thinkable...For the bday dinner, she was having a dinner party at Olive Garden with flowers and the works. I wanted to make a cupcake bouquet instead of a cake for this but didn't have any more time for baking, so what did I do???? I went to WalMart, bought up mini cupcakes and got them home, scraped off the icing and away...
Jessie83...If it were me, I would charge her for the materials. You may want to give her an "estimate" on what it's going to cost for them because most people have no idea what this stuff costs, less the time it takes. I see you are new to the site, Welcome. I'm sorry you got a bit of feedback that could have been aggrivating or hurtful. I know that can be discouraging. If you look at say pricing matrix topics, you will see just how many people have that same...
I was thinking that white choc. wouldn't be strong enough because it gets so soft.
anyone?
I'm wondering what the best method of attaching white chocolate to wooden dowels is. The white choc. figures are about 4" high and are a little heavy. The mold I used is for making lolli's however I need them attached to wooden dowels as they are the figures for a carousel. Just concerned about them falling off as white choc. can get soft. Any suggestions most appreciated.(my hubby wants to wrap the dowels in metallic curling ribbon or wrapping paper... I would think...
that helps a lot. Thank you so much.Amy
What is the simplest way of creating fondant swags and drapes? I'm making my little girls cake and the bottom tier will be the drapes (verticle) and the 2nd tier will be swags with gumpaste flowers at the joints. I have never done these before and really need some advice. Also, what do you find holds gumpaste decorations onto fondant the best? I will be traveling an hour with the cake. Will post pics when I'm done. (carousel with mermaids)Thanx ladies and gents.Amy
I'm totally new to candy. (never used isomalt) I saw some beautiful gems made with isomalt and so I bought some. However, I cant find the recipe or directions on how to use this stuff. I want to make some to put on my daughters bday cake. I will be using the little bitty shells instead of gems mold and i will be coloring them. Any and all help is much appreciated. and what do you use to attach them to buttercream and fondant or gumpaste? I will be placing the on...
I freeze cakes, then fill and carve straight from the freezer BEFORE thawing. hth. Don't even attempt to start carving up a thawed cake. Also I don't do fillings before I freeze only because some fillings don't do well in the freezer and cakes are easier to get a tort frozen.