Posts by karicroop

Thanks for these suggestions! I'll admit I had to Google "SPS" though. I agree that the whipped cream just sounds like a bad idea, even though, yes, our car is air conditioned. But the buttercream boxed up in separate tiers sounds like the best option for me. (And great idea on the nonslip padding!) Glad to know others drive cakes this distance all the time!I was also wondering about the option of freezing the cakes, pre-iced, and whether that would work. Any special...
I'm considering making a 3-tier wedding cake for a friend who is having her wedding about two hours away in Chicago. She has made it clear that she prefers buttercream or whipped cream as opposed to fondant, but the transport issue makes me nervous because I have only ever worked with fondant.So my question is, is it possible to transport a buttercream or whipped cream cake that far in an unrefrigerated car? (And, if so, what's the best way to ensure it doesn't melt and/or...
This is fantastic information. Thank you!
Win - I appreciate the step-by-step! Before I found your post, I was trying to make a standing figure on my own and pretty much had the right idea, but I was having trouble with my legs sliding down the bamboo skewer, particularly when I pushed them into the torso or put the slightest bit of downward pressure on them.Do you have any handy tips that would help? For example, do you also use a little water between the joints to hold the figure together and help the surfaces...