Posts by SweetResults

I was at a wedding where that happened!! Bride stormed off to the bathroom (he actually didn't even smash her at all and she did "get him" first) and her MOH had to BEG her to come out. That marriage was over in 6 months, no one was surprised.
Maid Of Honor
Oooh that would be PERFECT for you! Gonna send my email now - I think we need a separate thread of "Debi-isms" so I can send Paula all your wisdom...
LaBellaFlor - how about putting some stakes in the ground and getting some Caution tape and roping off a little area - maybe with a sign that says "Gift Opening in Progress - Birthday Boys Only" or something funny like that? Or if he is into hockey or soccer and you have a net, you could put all the gifts into the net and he could sit in front of the net to open, that way no one could get their hands on any of the gifts until he opens them? I used a wheelbarrow one year...
I saw the title of this thread and KNEW it was meant for me. I have one, maybe two cakes due this weekend and I haven't even bothered to find out what they are yet.I am the QUEEN of Procastination. I'll tell you all about how I got that title....someday....when I get around to it....Let's start a Procrastinators Anonymous Group - first meeting will be......TOMORROW.....
Quote: "Or, if you are looking for a more gourmet fare, try a local candy shop. Often times they can create truffles that can be individually wrapped, tagged, and give the guest the option of instant gratification or extending the revelry later at home."I LOOOVE THIS!!! Can you imagine going into a candy shop and asking for truffles to be individually wrapped and tagged - so what do y'all think THAT would cost???? First of all - that is a FAVOR - not dessert. Second of...
I can't stand "helpers" opening the presents and getting in the way at parties and showers!!!When my kids were younger I would have parties at the house and put out a large plastic swimming pool for the kids to put the presents in when they arrived. Then when it was time to open the gifts my child got into the pool to open the gifts - no one else allowed in the pool! That way no one could "help" open any presents.Of course my other pet peeve goes the other way when you...
http://www.dickblick.com/products/r-and-f-heated-spatula/They just have to modify this with a larger flat spatula attachment. I wonder how hot it gets and how well you can control the temp?
Actually a light bulb just went off in my head - RIBBON! I think I have some wide ribbon that I can use to go around the edge of the cake that is not covered enough. Gonna go through my ribbon bin now...
I have to make a cake today for an adult first communion. I was going to do an 8" square, very simple white fondant covered, elegant design. I forgot to order more fondant and I will not quite have enough to cover the whole cake. I have other colors, but I'm not sure I like the idea of other colors, I do have yellow, green, etc...Any thoughts on what I can do on the sides if I cover the cake as much as I can with fondant? And I have never had luck making it, so that's...