Posts by SweetResults

It does seem like an awful lot - I am waiting for her to get back to me with actual head count - she never gave me one - just the list of what they got last year and said they need twice as much this year. There are 16 girls in the graduating class - even if each of them brought 10 people each plus faculty they can't be over 200 people. The cake she wants will only serve about 100.
Yeah - that doesn't really sound like much does it. I wonder if I can get twice the amount of cookies out of a regular batch of cookies if they are mini - so that would almost be like $3 a dozen? Gotta think about this one - I hate costing stuff out!!
Not sure if this is worh my while or not. Making a cake for a graduation ceremony for Friday. They usually also order dessert platters from a supermarket , she asked if I want to make them instead.Last year they paid about $200 for 6 platters of desserts and 3 tubs of cookies (about 32 dozen assort items) this year they would need double that, so have about $400 to spend (maybe just under that) It does not have to be anything decorated or fancy, brownies, cookies,...
Oh Debi? Where are youuuuu? This one is right up your alley...
Glad you started over - came out amazing! I know just how to feel, if you had left it and added the shells everyone still would have loved it, but YOU would not have. Really nice job with the draping the second time around.
Cute pics! I think if BOTH bride and groom are "in to" the cake smooshing it can be a cute thing and fun for bride and groom. But it is sad to see it when the groom is clearly out to get the bride and she laughs and smiles, but you can tell she is not quite into it - uncomfortable! Or even worse (as I have seen) the bride gets pissed and storms out of the reception and has to be dragged out of the bathroom by her MOH - yeah, that marriage did not last the year (she was...
I wonder if a thin sheet of Sugerveil would work or a very thin sheet of gumpaste that was allowed to dry for a bit?
Hope you had fun at the party and that your son had a great time at his prom.... but now REALLY - WHERE ARE THE PICTURES OF THE CAKE??? I agree that maybe their cakes have that denser texture because I have also heard they were dry - can't wait to hear another perspective.
Base price used to be $500 it is now $1000, they changed it on their website sometime ago - maybe last year?
OMG - those aren't candy bars - they are Matchbox cars!!! Ummmm, yeah. That really finished the cake off nicely.Look at it this way - you did not charge more for the extra cake - so in essence, they got what they paid for. I wish I could figure out why it cracked like that if it was just sitting there. Are you sure it is still on the same table you set it up on and that they did not move it after you left? I can't see how too many dowels would cause it to collapse. ...