Posts by amytracy1981

Thanks, I think I just go with the ABC not quite as good taste wise as the SMBC but I don't want it to melt and I certainly don't want bugs and things sticking in it.
I am making a wedding cake for a friend for an outdoor wedding at the end of March in Phoenix, AZ. There will be nowhere to refrigerate the cake so it will be out on a table the whole wedding. I looked up the average Phx temps for the end of March and it was between 75 and 85 degrees. She doesn't really want fondant and she doesn't like overly sweet so I was thinking of frosting it in Swiss Meringue BC. But I've never had a swiss meringue buttercream cake sit outside...
Thank you so much! I'm gonna try it this weekend.
I want to make a cupcake version of the sugar cookies you see with the M&M's in them or even the chocolate chip cookies with M&M's instead of chocolate chips. I have been searching the internet and cannot find anything. Everything I find is either chocolate cake or someone tried with a vanilla cake or brown sugar cake and the M&M's ended up all sinking to the bottom of the cupcakes. Does anyone have a recipe for a vanilla cake or brown sugar cake recipe that is thick...
My mom bought this kopykake airmaster airbrush! Yay! But there is no manual with it. I have never used an airbrush before so how do I use it? How do I clean it? Does anyone know where I can get a user manual for it? What kind of colors do I use with it?Thanks for any help you can give me.
Hi eveybody! So I was wanting to make a giant cupcake cake for my nieces birthday. I don't want to spend $30 for the giant cupcake pan and I dont really like the way the top of the pan looks anyways. Can anyone give me any help on how to carve one myself? Also any ideas on how to make the cupcake liner? I have seen alot on here that used candy melts to make the liner but I live in AZ and the cake is for August and it is 110+ degrees here in August and I have to drive this...
anyone?????
Do you just smooth the piping gel on with a spatula over the buttercream? It doesn't smear the buttercream?
Anyone have any idea how to do the water??
My friend wants me to make this cake for her and I was just wondering what technique was used on the white frosting? I can't quite tell it kinda looks to me like the Wilton technique "Sotas" or maybe "Cornelli Lace"?? What do you guys think? Is it something else?? And how do you get the icing gel for the water so smooth over buttercream like that? Wouldn't it smear the buttercream underneath if you smoothed it on with a spatula? And what is that at the top of the cake...