Posts by kimblyd

How about suggesting she join Cake Central?Chances are she will figure everything out for herself.
I ordered feathers from mardigrasoutlet.com and was very pleased with the price, quality, and service. I will definitely order from them again.If you don't have time to order I happened to run across single feathers in the floral department at Hobby Lobby, not sure how much they cost, but they were large and pretty. I have usually just found them there and at Michaels in the back in packages of three or so and they are small, expensive, and not that pretty.Hope this helps.
I have a recipe for a delicious punch my mother makes-but it's at home!It has apple juice, pineapple juice, ginger ale or Sprite (can't remember which), and citric acid powder (from drug store). It comes out the color of apple juice but you can add food coloring and make it any color you want.You freeze it, then let it thaw some, and pour in punch bowl and serve slushy. Perfect for summer.I swear it's delicious! If you want me to check at home or ask my mom for the...
Hey Debi!Can I please have your recipe for monkey butt poop cake? I'm sure my friends and family would love it!!
Melvira, your humor has made my day so much better. Thanks for making me smile.
I also use candy melts for my modeling chocolate. After I make it, I try to let as much excess oil drip off of it as I can. I wear plastic gloves and use to my hands to mix the modeling chocolate thoroughly. Then I put in a ziplock bag and let it set overnight.The next day break off chunks the size you need and work it with your hands until it softens and you can roll it out. It might be helpful to let it sit and cool down between handling and rolling and cutting. ...
When I carry cakes in my car I put them in a big clear plastic bin and set that on my passenger seat. I prop up the back with towels so it will be level. Then I move the passenger seat all the way up until the bin is wedged against the dashboard. That sucker does not move at all. It's the very best way I have found, no need for non-slip mats even. HTH!
I use Americolor regular gel colors to paint lashes, etc. on modeling chocolate figures all the time. Usually I thin it out with a little vanilla extract. Try to do it last, it seems to take a while to dry and will smear. But in my experience it washes off completely with a damp paper towel if you make a mistake.Yes, you can extrude it. I use both a new Play-Doh extruder and the metal Clay Makin's extruder. It helps to work the chocolate until it is very soft before...
If you ever get a chance to go to Disney World in Orlando, you must go to Starring Rolls Cafe in Hollywood Studios park.They sell a couple of cupcakes in there that are to die for. One is the Butterfinger cupcake, not cute at all, but OMG delicious! The other is a chocolate wrapped one, not sure what it is called, but it has sheets of thin chocolate covering the frosting, yum! Just yum! They may very well be mass-produced, but they do it very well with these particular...
I vote for strawberry filling. Yummy! Wilton has a good and easy recipe on their website.