Posts by makeminepink

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my questions.  I appreciate you!  
I'm using bubble tea straws and I feel good about them.  I've used them before in a four tiered cake. Do you think the freezer paper is ok?  I think I've done it before, I just can't remember!  
A few more questions, please.  I've done many cakes-- just haven't done any in awhile.  The cardboard under the 8" cake-- it's not coated, is it ok that I've covered it with freezer paper and would you feel safe transporting this size cake assembled?
Would you refrigerate the cake so it would be cold when you transport it or just leave it out at room temperature?  And thank you for replying!
I'm baking a hummingbird cake with cream cheese icing.  It's 2 tier, an 8 and a 12.  I'm taking it tomorrow about 60 miles away.  Do I need to make a cake dam if I'm just using icing between the layers?  Would you refrigerate it so it's firmer for the trip?
Indydebi-- I like your answer. And I agree with letting the other woman take the limelight this time. Sometimes I think we want our creations to be the center of attention, but I wouldn't want it to look like I was trying to intentionally outdo the other woman. Be kind.
Cakes take alot of time. I'd be glad they were letting someone else do it. Maybe it's my age!
First, let me say that I took a look at your cakes and you do wonderful work! Second, let me say how hard it is to do cakes with little ones underfoot! Third, hopefully.......your husband will grow wiser and kinder as he grows older. Mine did!
Lots of people use this one. I've made it with all butter and with 1/2 Crisco, half butter. Both are wonderful!
Wonderful cake! People just have no clue the work and time involved to do a cake or cookies. Don't let it get you down.