Posts by wespam

I just seen this thread reopened so there may be someone who might be interested in taking their hobby to a professional level in my area.  I know how hard it is to find a suitable place without spending a huge amount. I'm in Hartselle, AL, between Decatur and Cullman and I'm planning on retiring at the end of the year from my licensed shop and have started advertising it for sale. I don't want to abuse the privileges here so you can PM me if you would like more details.  ...
Congratulations Chef Stef! Enjoy your family and retirement. I'm right behind you. I'm retiring this December myself. I've enjoyed most every moment and I'm sure I'll miss it somewhat but my priorities have changed too and I'm looking forward to spending more time with my grandchildren. And I understand completely that employing a good staff is not as easy as it sounds and the best solution to burn out for everyone. Those of you who have family and friends that step in...
I need to edit this to say $60.00 for a 3 tier. NEED more coffee!
Hopefully this puts a little chuckle in your day. Had a call from a girl yesterday to my custom shop who wanted a 3 tiered baby shower cake to feed 100 guests. I gave her my quote based on serving size for buttercream and she went silent. She then says, 'I can't pay that!  A lady I work with sells cakes from her home and quoted me $30.00 for a 3 tier cake but she can't do it next week.'   I wanted to laugh and scream at the same time but instead I gently explained...
Would love to see what you come up with on your valentine packages. I've been thinking too but along the lines of bridal favors and wedding shower edibles to enhance my wedding packages. 
First, let me say Welcome to Alabama! I'm a transplant here too from Mo. Your in a great area and your going to love Huntsville. It's a great place to live. Love your cakes, you do a great job with the fondant accents. Since your not from here you may not know that we are required to be licensed and inspected to run a food business. Selling cakes whether as a hobby or advertising as a hobby/business is not permited from home kitchens. Advertising of anykind, including...
You can find information at http://adph.org/foodsafety/Default.asp?id=1139 or type in st of AL restaurant codes. Rules for Food Establishment Sanitation. At this time the state of AL does not allow licensed home kitchens. You'll need a licensed and inspected commerical approved kitchen to work out of. My inspector comes from our counties Health dept, Environmental Health division. They are very nice and very knowledgable. I'll be happy to answer any questions that you have...
"To Create is to be at peace for in creating one is joined with the Creator" Author unknown
Whoa, this was my experience yesterday. A past client sent me 5 photos of cakes that she got off the internet that she liked to show me ideas of how she wanted her cake. She sent it to my home email account instead of my business email address which also goes to my Ipad. When I got home from the shop I looked on my business facebook newsfeed and there was one of those photos saying it was shared from my husbands facebook account, I am listed as one of his friends, from...
My cake shop is a retail location about 45 minutes the opposite direction from you and Lynelles. I love going into her shop and pouring over all the cookie cutters and candy molds. She carries alot of hidden gems, you just have to ask. She has more stuff than she has room for so sometimes it's pretty messy in there. I buy wholesale through CK Products so I don't buy a lot of supplies from her unless I just need a last minute something or other.The only requests I have...