Posts by bikegal

I wasn't sure how these would turn out but they were amazingly easy to do. Merckens wafers for the outside shell, lemon cake & lemon curd on the inside. I just brushed a little sparkle dust on the design. These were just practice but I loved how they turned out.
Meghan, just sit down and start writing down anything cake related. Sometimes you'll come up with a good combo on accident. Sometimes, a business name will just click with something inside you....a yah...that's it moment. I love my business name Into The Oven and I still have WOW, I'm really glad I chose this one moments. I was forever telling someone, "Hold on, let me get this cake into the oven." Have fun with it and let us know what you come up with.
Great bee cake, love the wings!!! That's thinking outside of the box. I love the small details.
Does anyone know of a good brand? I read a post about the taste of marzipan but no one mentioned what brand they like. I'm going to try my hand at Petit Fours and want a thin layer on the top. Thanks!
Wow, this cake sounds like fun. You could always make a fondant belt and use an impression mat or roller to imprint the belt with a design. The belt buckle could be painted with a silver or gold luster dust. Could you do belted tiers? A belt wrapped around the base of each tier like ribbon with the buckle in the front? And maybe a coiled belt at the top as a topper with the names? Can't wait to see what you come up with!
alimonkey, I love the red and black Satin Ice. I don't know about everyone else but I dread coloring fondant/icing those two colors.
There's a special powdered sugar that you can order from King Arthur that won't get absorbed by your baked goods. For the life of me I can't remember what the specific name is. It was perfect on top of my lemon bars. HTH!
Don't forget to visit the Garden of the Gods! It's incredibly beautiful if you've never been there before. Goodluck on your baking.
It comes in white, black, blue, yellow, green, pink, red & purple. Has a subtle vanilla taste, quite yummy in my opinion. You can get the colored fondant in 2 lb tubs and the white in a variety of sizes.
lisa, imagine the sleepless nights!