Posts by emie

Thanks for your reply.
Thanks very much!
I haven't been into cake decorating for awhile.  Occasionally I like to make a pie, brownies or cake for gift but am out of boxes.  I'm finding that since I purchase only a small amount of boxes the shipping is more than the boxes.  Anyone have any suggestions where to purchase reasonably priced boxes (in USA)?  thanks.
Thanks for the info. I love your website.
Anyone have a favorite place to order edible images for cupcakes? I always printed my own but I'm out of ink & think it will cheaper to buy them pre-printed since I only need a few for Thanksgiving. I looked at Sugarcraft but didn't see much choice for CC. Thanks.
Thanks for the replies & info. I've made the skillet cobbler & it's good.
I've searched this site & the web & can't locate this recipe. It is not a pineapple upside cake & it has no topping. All I've been able to find out is that it has brown & white sugar, butter & shortening, 4 eggs, no spices, & has nuts added & u bake in an iron skillet.Anyone heard of this recipe. I guess I will just use a good plain cake recipe & add nuts but was hoping to find the original recipe.Thanks.
Thanks! Good question muddpuppy. I don't really know how long to beat either. I've just always heard not to over mix the batter.
What would you say was the #1 reasons for a cake to fall? I always thought it was over beating or baking too hot. Thanks.
What would you say was the #1 reasons for a cake to fall? I always thought it was over beating or baking too hot. Thanks.