Posts by alittlesliceofhaven

Thanks! I like the idea of the three tiers, but not so much beachy as tropical manly. I do like the palm tree with hammock and seagul and tropical drink with unbrella idea. Maybe a man laying in the hammock with a hat over his face.SugarBakerz - I will have to try some flowers - I have to start somewhere, right? The Wilton page says you can let them dry overnight - won't they still be soft to the touch to move them? I has to go back and double check that they weren't...
A friend asked me if I was interested in making her father's 70th birthday cake. Theme - Tropical/Caribbean for 40-50 people poolside in their retirement housing complex. No talk of flavors since I haven't agreed to do it. Originally she said sheet cake, but I told her I would do tiered since I only have a 9x13x2 or 10" sq or 8" sq. I also have many size rounds.I have only been doing cakes for a year, and not very many at that. I have never done flowers, so I am...
I agree to both 100% refund. I am a bit confused though - Did you deliver the wrong cake to each party or did you make the right design but with the wrong flavors?Were they both the same number of servings? Same number of tiers? Same color? Same general design? Was the only difference that one bride also had a sheet cake for serving purposes?What I'm getting at - is obviously each bride ordered a specific design and neither got what they were invisioning. Yes, they...
Looks like the family got involved - Making the board, covering the board, making the cake...KUDOS - it turned out awesome! Very Cool
Thanks! Where did you get the chart? I saw that Wilton had one on-line but I don't have their colors, I use Americolor so it didn't help me out. I ended up starting with a lot of orange added what seemed like a ton of brown a bit of red. It gave me a pretty close match to the basketball, but I didn't allow for the color to deepen as it set so it is definitely more brown now. Oh well, hopefully the 6 yr old won't know the difference!
Oh, I'll have to find the Cake Cottage - Never heard of it! I'm in Murrieta. You are right, LAX is almost on the coast and Temecula is inland. I wasn't sure which freeways they were driving. The coast will be a very long drive but really pretty, like you said
I thought it would be a snap - orange and brown with a bit of red to match the spalding b-ball I am making. I don't know if I started with too much orange or if I just haven't added enough brown or red. I can't get past the flesh look. HELP!!! It is 9:30 PM and I really don't want to be up all night trying to get the color and decorating.edited to add: I did look up other threads, but I don't have terracotta or rust or copper colors. I'm using americolor too.Thanks...
Depending on which route you take from LA to Jamul which is definitely SD area (La Mesa/National City area) you might pass Pila's on your way.If you are on 15 South, south of the 91 E then you will go by Pila's in Temecula. Otherwise it is over an hours drive from La Mesa area.
Depending on where in SD county she is there is also a cake supply store in Temecula called Pila's Pantry.
I would also do cupcakes as the added number and I would charge more regardless to how you ultimately add more. The original order was for that cake to serve 15. If you add time and ingredients that means more money. She changed the order - you do not have to adjust your budget because she added servings!Either that or tell her to cut much smaller pieces.